Harassment | FerrariChat

Harassment

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by bboxer, May 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    I took the 241 toll road to go to San Diego this morning around 10am.Saw EIGHT chp patrols (5 cars and 3 bikes) at the 241/261 junction in both directions. All EIGHT within 1/4 mile distance (yes a quarter mile distance) ! Seven writing tickets and nr. 8 shooting radar. This is not law enforcement, it is pure harassment.

2. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    That is utter bulls**** They're really putting the SWAT team to shame with that tactic. That is badass copwork boys, putting their lives on the line over the bridge.

Since "Spike" took office, that crap has picked up with California's Highway revenue service.

3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Sounds like entrapment to me. If I was served a ticket in that stretch, I would see their asses in court, and I'm NOT one to challenge or fight tickets. I reap what I sow and take my licks.

4. lovespeed

lovespeed Karting

Dec 29, 2003
    at the track
    Full Name:
    Gene Agatep
    my $.02

due to very tight budgets that our state is going through,

income has to be generated somehow ... resulting in agencies

like our statewide CHiP's handing out more tickets.

5. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    I got an 86 in a 65 there last month. Radar. They were sitting at the bottom of a big down hillcoming out of the toll booth. Redefines TOLL ROAD.

6. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    At least they were using radar!

7. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    Mom gives them the finger and says that she's excerising her Free Speech rights. She hasn't had a ticket for many many years.

I don't drive with her. :D

8. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    I want a Radar to use on cops.......they always seem to be breaking the speed limit laws, just when cruising around. I was passed by a cop in a 45 mph zone and he must have been doing 60-70 mph, but he wasn't going to pull anyone over......he just stopped at lights and went on with his business.....DAMN THEM :(

9. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes it was at the bottom of the downhill south of the toll plaza. What I would like to know is how much revenue The Toll Roads gets from these tickets. They are in chronic financial trouble, aren't they ?

10. 67GTC

67GTC Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westchester, CA
    I got nailed on PCH in Malibu for 24 over (74 in a 50) by the unforgiving County Sheriff patrol. He asked the classic "do you know how fast you were going?" question. I said not really, because I just got this car and am still working to translate the KPH on the European speedometer to MPH. He actually leaned into the car to look at the speedometer. He then went back to his car, probably to ensure that I hadn't stolen the car, and came back to let me off with a warning. My buddy who was in the car with me has gotten 5 tickets on that stretch of PCH in the past 3 years - he couldn't believe I got away with this one!

Chuck

67GTC

11. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Is this where the 360 crashed???

12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    The 73 Toll Road is horrible as well. So many CHP on there, I saw a CHP finish writing a ticket and took off although there was a guy broken down in the right lane. Instead of helping him he was probably looking for his next ticket. When Arnold revoked the DMV increases, the budgets for the CHP and Police got a big hit. What better revenue stream than this? Unfortunately it is not the ticket that is so bad, but the Insurance increase.

13. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    Bart, I don't know if my CHP sighting (yesterday Tuesday 10am) was the morning after the crash or not. In any case, eight CHP patrols writing tickets within 1 quarter mile of highway is still not a normal reaction to an accident. I tend to agree that the revenue greed is the real reason.

14. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    I never take any toll road. My friend was cited for doing 70 in a 65 and the ticket stuck. Ridiculous.