Hard water deposits on windshield | FerrariChat

Hard water deposits on windshield

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by MVDESQ, Oct 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    We have a car with white hard water deposits on the windshield that seem baked in. We suspect it is from a sprinkler line leak. We have tried white vinegar, bar keeper’s friend, clr, and lime away. They did nothing. We bought and used Invisible Glass - Glass Stripper. It helped and removed 75% of the deposits but it is still there. Any ideas how to remove it completely?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    I have actually had hydrogen peroxide and baking soda remove more than any of those

Keep it moist, let it sit for hours, elbow grease

MVDESQ likes this.
  3. Use some WD-40

4. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    MVDESQ likes this.
  5. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Ed Fred calcium remover.

6. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    Tried most of what is mentioned above and then bought a Car Pro glass polishing kit that you use with a R/O buffer. Makes fast work of the spots and glass shines.

7. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Jaxwax I aving a 20 percent off sale right now. I’m not afflicted with them, just like a lot of their products

8. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Griot’s sells “Glass Polish” and you use a little white pad with it that they offer as well, often in a kit. You can do this by hand, no need for orbitals. That might be a very good solution. I even use this stuff on shower doors to get them crystal clear from soap.

9. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I just went over all of the glass in my 1995 Mercedes with a single sided razor blade after I thoroughly cleaned them. Amazing what you get off. Rough on the first pass and smooth on the second pass. Probably used six blades for the whole car.

10. Kyle Stoffer

Kyle Stoffer Karting

Sep 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kyle R Stoffer
    I use products from a company called 3D out of Santa Clarita California…absolutely amazing stuff. They are a professional detailer supplier so not a lot of focus on the DIY market.

They make a product called Eraser Gel that will take water spots off any paint or glass.

Someone already mentioned it, but 3D also makes a glass polish that would work, but from what I understand it requires a buffer and some skill, designed more for the professional.

www.3Dproducts.com

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat