Hardest Decision of my life...Need help! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hardest Decision of my life...Need help!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jordan747_400, Dec 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which do I do?

1. Drive the brand new 575M with F1 trans.

2. Ride in the Enzo.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Now that I think of it. I would take the ride if you could be picked up in front of your classmates at school. Now that is a ride I would take. But that would be up to Armen if he would do that. Hahaha, can you imagine the reaction that would get! LOL.

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    id just beg and plead for both.Get on your hands and knees and everyhting. (P.S. I'm serious)

3. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Jordan,

There are three types of people in life......

1) Those that make it happen
    2) Those that watch it happen
    3) Those that wonder what happened

Don't be a spectator in life.............

Drive the 575M !!!!!!!!!

Only car I would ever feel warrants being a passenger in is a 2 seat F1 car.

If he were Schumacher and giving rides around Fiorano then no I wouldn't drive but I gather he taking you for a nice stroll on a public road, no way you are going to be very impressed by anyone's driving on a public road unless the guy is a lunatic.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    1995 F355 Challenge #23 (for sale)
    www.flatoutracing.net

4. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    Ride in the Enzo!!!!!

There are 399 Enzo's, at least there will be when everything is said and done. That is a once in a lifetime chance. I have not even seen an Enzo in real life, yet, but when I do, I am sure I will have to go change my clothes :). I have driven a 328 and a 360 Spider, and rode in a 550. The 550 was really fun, and I would have loved to drive it, but if it were me, I would take a ride in the best Ferrari ever built. Of course, I would have to convince the owner to let me ride in the Enzo with soiled clothes :).

MJG

5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Good points Jon, although the problem is I doubt I would be able to really use the 575s power at all. The cops out here suck and the LAST thing I need is a ticket in a Ferrari :) So would it still be a blast driving the car at/just above city speeds?

6. David G

David G Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Switzerland
    Ride in the Enzo !!!!

7. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003

Okay GG, here are my .02 to you.

Ferrarichat.com has some of the most generous people on the whole internet. From what I have read, all the Ferrari owners on this site would sell their car in a heartbeat if they could not provide for their families. They all understand that it is just a car, and that there are way more important things in the world. Ferrarichat is just a place where they come to talk about their passion.

You come in a cause hell. What is your problem? Why are you trying to stop people from enjoying their belongings? Have you looked at the Make a wish thread? Right there is proof that the Ferrari owners on this site are decent human beings. Actually, they are a lot better than decent. Look at how much Bruce has helped DES out, not to mention all the other people. Jordan has gotten to fulfill some of his dreams because of this site. I got help from Hubert in San Diego with my Acura. All the people that I have talked to from this site are some of the nicest people I have associated with.

Yes, people on this site have a decent amount of $$, enough to buy the cars they want. Cars are their hobby, specifically Ferrari. But I know for a fact that they are not arrogant pricks that flaunt their money. They actually car for other human beings.

Obviously you have some interst in Ferrari's, or you would not have found this site. Either enjoy this site and the cars like the rest of us, or get lost. Please do not turn this site in to just another car forum with your presence, let's keep this the best site on the net. As my parents used to tell me, Shape up or ship out.

MJG

Jordan, Ride in the Enzo!!!!!!!!!!!

8. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Jordon,
    Go for the ride, relax and enjoy! No pressure on you. I rode in and drove half a dozen F40's before I bought mine. Feeling what the car was doing (talking to the occupants in many ways) was more enjoyable than worrying about where the road went, when to shift, is that a cop back there? Etc..... see what I mean?
    There will be more 575M's out there to drive, even F40's.

Rick

Ask Jerry if he liked riding in my F40 or driving my Z06 better?

9. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Rick, that is exactly the side Im leaning a bit more twoards...for those same reasons.

I dont know you guys, driving is quite an experience, but Ive got years ahead of me to hopefully have some more chances to drive various cars. Not to mention my own in a few years :) A ride in an Enzo doesn't come up often though.

10. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Drive the 575M. I am sure he will offer you a ride in the Enzo afterwards.

Riding in the passenger seat is one thing, but driving a beast is definitely another. DRIVE BABY!

11. Dave Radu

Dave Radu Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    San Jose, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave Radu
    Jordan, If he gives you the 575 to take a date out for the evening take the drive. If he's with you you'll probrably be to timid to really drive the car (understandably so). So take the ride.

12. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Drive Baby Drive. Riding versus driving under any conditions is like kissing your sister...

13. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    The latter lol :) I am a bit timid when it comes to driving...especially a car with a rediculous amount of power. It would be fun to take a Ferrari on a date, but I would hate to borrow one and I dont have a girl to take anyway.

Dr.Tax, you seem to feel very strongly about this! Maybe your just biased with the 550 and all :)

14. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Definitely drive! you must, you must

15. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Jordon, a wise man once said that, "...there are no second chances in life." Trust me on this one, I have learned this lesson the hard way. Whenever you get an opportunity to do something that you want to do, do it. Don't play this game of; well, I'm young, I'll get more chances furhter up the road. Odds are that you will not.

Also don't be afraid to drive the Maranello (particularly with the F1). It has got to be one of the easiest cars in the world to drive. No drama. No surprises. From start to stop, it is a very linear car that does exactly what you want it to do. Just make sure that you have the traction control on, and life will be good. Plus, it has a warranty, so even if it does blow up, this will give the owner a good excuse to go ahead and get the timing belt service done...

DrTax

16. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    If I was you I would drive the 575M ..just imagine driving a Ferrari V12 engine ...vrooommm!!!
    I just hope he will still give you a ride in the Enzo!

17. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Jordan, you take the offer to drive the 575/F1. Being able to take a ride in Maranello's finest is NOT the same as being behind the wheel of one of Maranello's finest. You said that yourself. Take your own advice.

Sunny

18. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Thats exactly what I say. How many times did I offer my keys to Jordan on a drive to have them turned down? Jordan, my man, you happily take that 575 to redline and like it if you know whats good for you.

Sunny

19. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    You know what you guys...All the arguments for both sides are equally good. Im completely split down the middle --not even leaning twoards one choice anymore. Ill decide by tomorrow though.

Dont be upset if I didn't pick your choice. Both would be equally amazing, so really I dont think I can make a mistake :)

20. francisco j. quinones

francisco j. quinones Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Panama City,FL
    Full Name:
    Francisco J. Quinones
    Jordan, my thoughts on the matter fwiw:Drive the 575M enjoy the experience and don't go to freaking crazy with it,show the owner that you are a good driver and take care of the machinery and are responsible and all that good stuff,and i'm willing to bet that as he gets more time in his ENZO and gets more confortable with it and the "newness" wears off the opportunity to ride in the ENZO may come again and hey, if you do good with the 575M maybe he would consider letting you run the ENZO thru thew gears down the street!!:)

That's what i would if those were my cars anywho.

either way cherish the experience.
    Frankie.

21. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I almost like the idea previously posted about bending the 575 and having him pick you up in the Enzo. If the owner is a friend, that would be poetic justice to answer a rather cavalier attitude that you can only have 'one or the other'...I just have a problem with this one.

If this guy was your platoon leader in Iraq and he said 'you can have a gun or a clip', you would probably pass on both....I would pass on both options and he can think about his offer to you...What am I missing here?

Let me put it this way: If YOU owned both cars, would you not take a friend for a ride in BOTH and let him or her drive one...OR BOTH? I certainly would!

22. DynastyD_308qv

Nov 24, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Ron Couch Jr.
    Jordan,

You can always just flip a coin! :)

Food for Thought: Does your Ferrari PASSION come more from Perfectly Preserved Paint or the Power... your dilemma reminds me of the Garage Queen vs the Daily Driver debate.

Your Answer may be found in... What kind of Ferrari Owner do you want to be?

Ron - punch it & feel the experience! - Couch

PS: You can always wait for my boy to get his Enzo.... I'm sure he WILL let you drive it !

23. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Jordan, riding 'B!tch' in someone else's car is what it is, even if it is an Enzo.

Ferrari is about driving.

24. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Crap. I have no idea which I would pick. Your dilemna has left me sitting here contemplating the situation for way too long. I start siding with one option and getting all excited, then I start thinking of the other...and going back and forth. Everyone has offered great reasons for both choices. There is no wrong decision here though, and I am confident you will make the right one. Good luck Jordan. I am sure it will be a blast either way.

-Eric

25. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Oh Im a driving kind of owner. Thank David for the offer to drive his Enzo, and the same goes for my F40! Everyone on Fchat is allowed to drive it whenever they can. Im going to be the first to get an F40 to 100,000 miles :)

I think Ive made my decision, but Im going to torture everybody and hold off until I wake up tomorrow morning.