Hardest Decision of my life...Need help! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Hardest Decision of my life...Need help!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jordan747_400, Dec 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which do I do?

1. Drive the brand new 575M with F1 trans.

2. Ride in the Enzo.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    This might just be a simple matter of logistics. After all, I doubt that a new owner would park a brand new Enzo on the street. It's probably just a matter of which car he pulls out of the "secret underground hidden fortress garage temple". ;)

My tuppance worth would be that you've already seen the Enzo (under the hood, too?), so drive the 575. The 575 is the street car.

The owner of a day-old Enzo may not have had a chance to explore the limits, yet. Heck, the Enzo is just idling on the street, anyway. Without a chance to wring it out, riding in an Enzo would be like riding in any other car in gridlock. How much fun would it be to watch an F2003GA run to the corner market for a loaf of bread?

(Unless you have a real passion to know what carbon fiber feels like on your butt -- but he wouldn't let you ride naked, would he? :p )

If your friend ever plans to take the Enzo to the track, sometime in the future, that's the time to attach yourself to his leg. :D

Drive you must, young Skywalker.

2. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    greenburg = mr. green?

Jordan, go for the ride in the Enzo, never mind the "ride is for sissies" talk!

I got a ride offered in an Enzo, on track, from a former racing driver and a good client of mine.

Will have to fly to FLA for it but I'll certainly do it in the coming weeks / months.

Jack

3. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Dude, do the world a favor... stick your dic k in a socket/blender , or whatever gets the job done.

PS: go fu ck yourself.

4. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hubert well said who is that dick head greenburg anyway he should be removed from the web site,

Hi jordan i personally would take the ride in the enzo,but what ever one decides hope you enjoy it and tell us what it was like,
    Dale.

5. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    ENZO!!!

Jordan, go secure a ride in an Enzo. It has to be such a different stuff from the great 575... After all you've got drives in Ferraris recently (it might be different if you had never driven a Ferrari before. I would secure anything that has to do with an Enzo first. Only 399 out there, you never know...

The only thing that could change my mind would be a very long 575 drive, say for a couple of days. But being a couple of hour drive I would take the Enzo ride straight away.

6. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Jordan, flip a coin and let the fates decide!

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Suppose Jordan does one or the other.
    Next!
    What opportunity presents itself to the lucky sod later?

Odds that a 550 or 575 will ever be owned by Jordan. High
    Odds that an Enzo will ever be ridden in by Jordan. Low

Closest thing to riding in an Enzo is riding in one. Ride the Enzo. BesiDES... what would Carbon McCoy do?

8. Dave Radu

Dave Radu Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    San Jose, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave Radu
    Jordan,

Don't worry about how YOUR decision effects others. The polls are about 50/50. If you could please half the people in the world that would be more than any world leader ever did. Your desision will make YOU happy and that's all that matters. The rest of us... well we're just cheering you on.

9. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    jordan: armen is being very generous by offering either, but out of respect you know you won't drive the car hard, and the fact that you're behind the wheel of a 1/4 million dollar machine will probably make it a somewhat anxious experience -- i'm not trying to put a negative spin on, just a real on. the other side of the coin is, there are only 399 enzos in the world. so, seeing one, much less riding in one, is a very unique experience -- and the probability of it happening again slim.

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    He'd drive (If he could STAY AWAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ):)

DL

11. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Having ridden in many f-cars over the last year from a 550, 355, 328, 360, and driving a 355. That I would rather take a ride in an Enzo then being able to drive the 575. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't feel right driving his 575 quick. That just isn't the right thing to do IMHO, but I don't think he would mind getting on it himself and having some fun. Also the Enzo is such a sick car that it would be cool knowing you got to ride in something that some f-car dealers haven't even been able to get at their dealerships. That is awesome not to mention it is the best in ferrari street cars out today. Go for the ride. Save the drive till you own the car or feel comfortable with what the car can do. Enzo Baby.
    Erik

12. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Well you guys, I made my decision, and actually --to my suprise, had the opportunity to do it today!

To find out what I decided, check out the pictures and write up here...

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4371

Just so you guys know, Armen has said that he will let me do the other another day as well :)

Here is a preview shot

13. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Jordan: I am glad you get to do both. That photo alone is enough to make just about anyone want to exceed in life and have a few fine toys. That kind of money (in most cases) is just not handed to people. I am hopeful that some of our younger members see this pic!

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Carbon advised that Jordan drive... Jordan drove... Life is good. :)

15. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Peter you are quite right. You have no idea how much this website encourages me to succeed. I dont think I would have gotten anywhere without it. Ive gotten lots of great advice from people here!

DES, I listen! For those who said go for the drive, you are all quite right. It was WORTH IT! Im more than happy even if I don't get a ride in the Enzo. Being allowed to drive any Ferrari, much less a 575, just shows how compassionate the members on this website are!