Harrods name change? | FerrariChat

Harrods name change?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Simon, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Thought you guys might appreciate this.
    quote from across the briney

"John Lennon owned a 330 GT 2+2, which was auctioned by Dodi Fayed's father. Apparently, it was on display at the Fayed Shopping Mall in London, England. "

Fayed Shopping Mall....has a certain Knightbridge ring to it don't you think?

in this thread

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1173&page=1&pp=20

See ya
    Simon

2. LJH

LJH Rookie

Feb 2, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jack Horner
    Sometime shortly after September 1990 Harrod's bought Modena, Official Ferrari Dealers, Station Garage, East Horsley, Surrey, KT24 6QN. They performed all the repair work on our then 1981 Mondial 8, s/n 36213. I believe that the owners of Modena included Nick Mason and some other investors. At that point, with al Fayed's purchase, I understood that Modena lost its Ferrari franchise as an official dealer. I recall then seeing Ferrari's on the main floor of Harrod's, usually near the entrance closest to Walton & Pont. No, not in the Food Halls! Modena stayed in business selling previously owned vehicles, mostly Ferrari's. Don't know what happened after we returned to the USA in 1992.
    Jack Horner