488 - Has any owner weighed the Pista yet? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

488 Has any owner weighed the Pista yet?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dilusha, Aug 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Does no one care that the Pista weighs in at 3379 lbs , when Ferrari claims dry weight- 2822 lbs and kerb weight- 3053 lbs.

elevated velocity and Ash Patel like this.
  2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

But here's what I don't get. The OP in this thread REPORTED the video to moderation as a violation, then RE-POSTS it here?

What the hell is that all about?

D

DRYHOLE, Shadowfax and mkraft3003 like this.
  3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    None of the factory specs include options.......so adding 300#s of options would not be hard (although some options SAVE weight)...

More to your original point, NO if I was behind the wheel of a Pista, I would give a &^%*$&%$ less, about any variance from Factory info.
    I would be out, loading up babes....two of them would maybe add some weight...:D :D :D

stavura, Shadowfax and BOKE like this.
  4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's not that "it takes all kinds" it's just that There ARE "all kinds".....

BOKE likes this.
  5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    He's trolling the moderation here.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146730289/

6. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Come on, Ferrari and accuracy being in Kg or Hp never adds up. Again, they are Italian always take it with a pinch of salt. A presto

Ash Patel and Shadowfax like this.
  7. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Shadowfax likes this.
  8. 1500HPGTR

1500HPGTR Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tom Hanson
    you really don't get it? He set you up....

9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #59 ylshih, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    No, that's not the rule here. You're a two week old user that has no experience on this site that has been operating for 17 years, but now think you know how to run it better. You've taken an incident and misinterpreted it and are now trolling the site because of your illusory beef.

The question of videos is actually just one case in the application of the actual rule which limits any commercial activity to certain user classes (sponsors and subscribed users) and certain locations (discussion forums for sponsors and classified ad forums for most subscribed users). We allow users to post videos not created by them because we believe users are generally doing so because they find something that interests them and are sharing it because they believe that it likely would interest others. However, we don't allow users to post anything that substantively benefits themselves, whether it is links or references to their business, solicitations for money, sales or wants for items or cars, or videos that generate click revenues, among other posts in this category.

When a user posts something like that for themselves, they have an interest in the post that goes beyond sharing something that others might find interesting. They are posting something that benefits them and may or may not be useful or interesting to others. By prohibiting users from promoting themselves, but allowing other users to share the exact same content, we're letting the user population be the filter as to whether the content is in fact useful or interesting to others. As an example of this rule being applied to different content, users can share a link to a car for sale, but the seller can't post the exact same link. The practical application of this procedure is what keeps the majority of spam off this board.

In the case of videos, we classify users into 2 categories: 1) users who use a video sharing site as a convenient means to share personal content, and 2) users who use a video sharing site to generate revenue (regardless of whether that is profitable or operating at a loss). We're perfectly fine with #1, but we draw the line at #2, as a violation of the commercial content rule discussed above. How do we tell the difference? Generally by assessing the nature of the video, the titling, the branding, whether there are requests to "subscribe to my channel", the frequency of posting such videos, and other cues.

Shadowfax likes this.
  10. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oh no,

I got it, I just don't see the purpose for it.

Just kind of a dumb thing to do.

And I have better things to keep track of than this kind of crap.

D

Shadowfax likes this.
  11. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

After further discussion in the moderator forum, ban is now permanent for RaymondG.

D

SVR and Shadowfax like this.
  12. 1500HPGTR

1500HPGTR Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tom Hanson
    seems like you enjoy it... you're literally making Ferrari Chat the laughing stock of the online car community... even worse is that people tie this community to the Ferrari brand and owners.... I'm guessing you can't take any criticism, so let the ban countdown begin...

13. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I think we have heard that before. Now where are my cards?

14. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Yea no kidding. I am curious who here that can afford the thing give a rat's %$#@# %$# *&!@# ^%^$# about weight?

Next person that fat shames a Pista gets a flogging!

Shadowfax likes this.
  15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Hard to argue that one! The way he was going he was tonguing to get banned with all those taunts. Ridiculous. Maybe he thought he was superman lol.

16. humdizzle

humdizzle Karting

Mar 9, 2016
    My 458, which lets be real, shares its chassis and underpinnings with the 488/Pista is 100 pounds lighter. I weighed it at 3280 with 11 gallons of gas. And i'm sure my Italia doesn't have near the amount of carbon bodywork as the pista does. Or the advancements in tech as its 10 years older.

Its probably the added plumming needed for those turbos and the heat they generate.

DRYHOLE and tekaefixe like this.
  17. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    I started a thread and I couldn't check my Fchat for a day or so, and now my thread has about 65 replies, over 2100 views and a few members banned. What happened? :eek:

:p

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The super car makers expend countless time, energy and funds in the obsessive, relentless pursuit to reduce weight. A fabric strap will replace a door handle , expensive carbon fibre bits will be utilized on the exterior and interior as well as outrageously priced wheels. The ultimate result will be 100 lb reduction in overall mass. The manufacturers specs significantly deviate from the actual weight of the car.Yet it seems , very few here pay any notice or exhibit any concern. Strange.

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I think a lot of it's for show. Like how much difference in weight is a door pull vs a strap? Or a couple of glove box hinges with an inside shell (talking Pista here).
    It'd make more sense for the driver to look at his own weight first then take it from there.

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    What matters in the end is how a car drives and performs, no matter what the scales might say.

21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Many owners take every possibility to increase weight though - full electric seats, front lifter, and so on...
    So the claimed weight is used for bragging rights, like a 0-60 mph time or whatever Nordschleife record, rather than for its real value - although the value of reduced weight actually exists.

Coincid likes this.
  22. Charlie Robinson

Aug 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Charles A. Robinson
    Has anyone installed Rcambi taillight satellites, and how did they come out (not sure if I’m posting this question in the right spot)?

Thanks, Took!

23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    A car's mass is a highly significant factor in how a car drives and performs. Reducing the weight of a 3300 lb car by 100 lbs, however, is virtually without benefit,especially when that comes with a hefty financial cost. This weight reduction display was taken to an absurd extreme when the GT 3 Porsche substituted its medal logo with a sticker.

Shadowfax likes this.
  24. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Not really, Ferrari doesn’t give a damn. They just charge you for the cosmetic carbon in the interior and some bits in the exterior for a saving of 3 kg eheh. No CF chassis is a testament to that. They don’t give a damn as long as you pay.

25. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    However they quoted the 488 at 10kg less than the 458, the Pista at 90 kg less than the 488, and the F8 at 40 kg less than the 488 - so that's part of their marketing story.