488 - Has any owner weighed the Pista yet? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

488 Has any owner weighed the Pista yet?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dilusha, Aug 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    BTW, I saw my Pista today for the first time and let me tell you there are plenty of QC issues. For example there are sanding marks from the factory, this is common but McLaren would get blown up for it. The drivers side interior door panel does not fit as flush as it should but I will have this corrected. Anyone with a Pista rub your hands across the hood strip and then do it where it dives down and tell me if you feel the difference. I haven't really gone through the car, these are just the obvious things after going through it for a few minutes.

This will not take away from my enjoyment and pleasure with the car as these are easily correctable however when these issues are present on a Ferrari you hear excuses. On a Mac then they get crucified. People need to have more of an open mind on these things. Everyone is certainly welcome to have a favorite but be fair in your critique.

Regarding the ride, I only took a short run as I have it in my shop and awaiting PPF and I want my guys to correct the door panel - something Ferrari should have done before it left the factory. At the very least the dealer should have. It is certainly quick, the sound is Ok, it is not horrible as others have stated. In race mode the shifts are hard and fast. On downshifts it is not that loud. My 2020 720 pops and cracks on downshifts, the Pista is more subdued. I will write up a more in depth review once I have had some more seat time.

One thing I will say is that it is one beautiful car from top to bottom.

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I suppose it's down to taste. I see the looks of the Ferrari as exciting as well as classic in a way I just don't see it in the others:)

For me those are the pedestrian and predictable lookjng cars if you will.

Differet strokes and all that:)

SoCal to az likes this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    IMV the package works and I bet the 750LT will be a homerun.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    First congrats on Pista!

Second will be interested in hearing a real comparison from someone who has now owned both Pista and 720. Interesting to know 720 has more pop and cracks.

Sorry to hear about QC issues, but as you stated all brands have issues.

Look forward to more pics and comments in coming weeks. Enjoy her!!

Jo Sta7 and Gh21631 like this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #155 MANDALAY, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    True , and never would say the engine isn't great but its a revamped Nissan engine nevertheless and something I don't find that will create a sense of passion. Also i want to see the engine. Not seeing the engine give a sense of disassociation , the same feeling you get when looking at the car behind glass.

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Sorry to hear your QC issues. I agree Mclaren gets skewered for things Ferrari gets away with. Ferrari is notoriously weak on paint quality. Imho no one can touch Lamborghini in that department. I saw a pearl orange Huracan recently that was absolutely stunning. Paint looked so deep I could stick my hand in. I have no idea what Lambo calls this orange but wow.

Coincid and IPO1 like this.
  7. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Arancio Borealis - it's my fav Lambo color.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If any of these cars are properly paint corrected then the depth of the paint will really be brought out. From the factory they all come less than optimal. Its likely the car you saw had some good work done to it. I opened up a shop recently for fun and we have some incredible detailers that do the wet sanding, the results are astounding.

9. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    They might even be able to do something with that Pista paint ;)

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Have had a Huracan and 2 Performantes in the last 3 years. All were immaculately built and finished. Flawless.

Thecadster, Gh21631 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  11. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    ...and yet you want an F8 :rolleyes:

:p

12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    An addition not a substitute. At this point in time, there is no substitute for me.

IPO1 likes this.
  13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I just wish I fit better in them.

14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Going to take some work but I have the right people on it. Its not awful but I find it funny how biased some are and thought I would provide a more realistic view.

tekaefixe and IPO1 like this.
  15. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    My Huracan's Rosso Mars paint is immaculate and iridescent in the sun. Was a $2500 option. My Nero Daytona Cali and Grigio Titanio 458 Spider's paint were in rougher shape.

16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Totally agree on the Rosso Mars, awesome

Surfah likes this.
  17. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Normal, they are german!

18. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Please review the pista and 720s for us!! Thank you for being unbiased;)

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The paint factory is Italian and so are the workers. Are you suggesting that Ferrari wokers who are Italian are incapable of excellent, high quality workmanship?

20. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    And what has that got to do with the weight of a Pista? :confused:

21. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Italian paint weighs less than German paint ;)

BarryK likes this.
  22. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I see you dont grasp how a big group like VW works but allow me to explain. It doesnt matter if its in Germany, Czech Republic (Skoda) or Italy (Lambo) all factories have german quality control, work habits and structure.
    Quality is the same no matter where its build just like the BMW X cars made in the US, quality is just like if they were built in germany.

pilotoCS likes this.
  23. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    1530kg with JBL System, Lift, Heat insulting windscreen,
    There for sure is a lot they could have done better right at the factory. But i have to say that the overall condition of the paint is much better than on former special series.

It for sure is a beauty. The sound however is a bit disappointing comparing it directly to the regular 488. My first impression while driving was how similar it sounds compared to the Speciale from inside the car. So comparing the Pista to the GTB in terms of sound results in the same experience people had by comparing the Speciale to the regular 458.

tekaefixe likes this.
  24. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    #174 BarryK, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Good data point. Does that weight include fluids and a full fuel tank? Also carbon wheels?

The weight you are reporting is the same as another in post #7. And the kerb weight Ferrari states is 1385 for lightest options. So even if you generously take off the 10kg for carbon wheels, and 30kg each for the JBL and lift, and 5kg(?) for windscreen, that still leaves 70kg extra compared to ferrari's claims. I smell a rat :), but we kind of expected that.

I definitely won't be weighing my Pista spider when it arrives :)

tekaefixe likes this.
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Mine has the stereo delete and no lift with carbon wheels. I suppose this is as light as you can go. If I get a chance I will weigh it and post up.

Il Co-Pilota and BarryK like this.