Has Anyone seen the new Mitsubishi Laser TV? | FerrariChat

Has Anyone seen the new Mitsubishi Laser TV?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tmangani, Feb 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tmangani

tmangani Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Hamilton, Canada
    Full Name:
    Tony
  2. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    explain this 3D-ready stuff to me.

At first, I thought it was referring to some 3D processor for on-screen 3D graphics... maybe for the menu system?

Then I saw the back panel with the "3d glasses emitter" port... what's that all about?

Do you have to wear 3D glasses to watch 3D movies? If so, I can already do that with current 3D movies.

Or maybe they show 3D views of 3D movies _without_ the 3D glasses?

3. tmangani

tmangani Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Hamilton, Canada
    Full Name:
    Tony
    It appears that some glasses come with an emitter box in order to work. I have no idea what this does but it must somehow be required with the glasses for proper viewing.

What I was most impressed with was the color spectrum display. The best plasmas today can only reproduce 40% of the colors recognizable by the human eye, the Laservue can reproduce 80%. When they showed a Kuro and the Laservue side by side showing the same thing, you can really notice a difference, especially in the reds.

Although it's based on a rear projection system, the blacks are amazing.

4. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    This is how it was explained to me at 200 wpm by the used car..er..TV salesman.

The Current Mitsubishi 3D ready TV's you will need a special pair of glasses that have LEDs in them. The ones that are coming out, that are being showed off in the traveling mitsubishi truck, will need no glasses and as you move you can see the different sides of the things/people on the screen. He said there has already been a NFL game filmed and broadcast this way for a closed audience to test it. Don't know how true this is.