Has Max really quit & recommended Todt ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Has Max really quit & recommended Todt ?

Discussion in 'F1' started by greyboxer, Jul 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Is Todt still a Ferrari man? I thought the rumor was that he was essentially ousted from Ferrari? It may actually end up that there would be a bias against Ferrari, no?

Also, Max has chosen who he does battle with over the years. He's never been a friend of anyone who gave the slightest hint of fighting back against his authori-taay. Given that he has seemed to be at odds with Luca more than any other fight I remember, it would be reasonable to think that someone as scummy and underhanded and totally lacking in ethics or morals would choose someone that would be the worst possible choice for Luca, no?

I don't know for sure, but I can't see Max recommending anyone who would be a biased friend of Ferrari. I can see him doing the opposite, however.

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Todt was ousted from Ferrari for illegal dealings apparently, hardly the right person to run the FIA ...

Pete

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yea, LdM gave him the boot. They made it sound like it was Todt's decision IIRC. That's why they probably couldn't bad mouth him now if he's getting close to being FIA Prez. Regardless, I'm sure LdM will see that he doesn't get the position.

4. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    Interesting, I hadn't heard about that. Anything that can be shared here or is in another thread?

5. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Whether Todt is actually biased or not is not really the issue. The fact is that he can be accused of bias. If he rules against Ferrari he will be accused of being Max's puppet, if he rules in favour of Ferrari he will be accused of looking after his old mates.
    By being an ex-Ferrari man and being backed by Mosely he has the worst of both worlds!

6. Scuderia-F1

Scuderia-F1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders
    I think that Ari is the man for the job. He got some good skills in politic from his job in the EU parlament.
    I like JT, but I think the other teams will always see him as an Scuderia man.

7. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I doubt that Luca will have much influence in who gets the job, and rightly so IMO. No F1 team should be in a position to dictate who gets the job, or even influence the decision. The FIA is responsible for a great deal more than governing F1, although that doesn't always seem to be appreciated here.

8. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Max's blessing is the kiss of death. IMO he's just trying to hurl one last grenade. The man defines hubris.

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm sure it has been discussed here somewhere ...

10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Not really, anywhere I saw.

The 'white powder man' has kept a very low profile. Also the other rumored 'mole' at Ferrari has gone underground to; probably nothing of interest in the F60 anyway...
    CH

11. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I wish Penske had more time. No vested interest and no time for crap.

12. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Raise Balestre from the dead. Or Machiavelli, either would be preferable to Maxxx. Tony George has lots of time on his hands now too...

13. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    Good riddance Furer Max. Don't let the door hit you in the arse now! ;)

14. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Todt has officially put his name forward:

15. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #40 jknight, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
    Jean Todt may be a nice guy but I've read many reports that it's a continunation of Mosley.....(even referenced in the above post from his acceptance speech - "to continue and expand the work of Mosley" (barf)).....(didn't Mad Max say somewhere where he'd get his choice in???)

Carol

16. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    While everything a candidate says must be taken with a grain of salt and JT would have good reason not to irk Max at the moment I still think he carries too much baggage. Better to start with as clean a sheet as possible.

17. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The problem is this Dave.
    Mosley like every dictator has complicated the FIA rules regarding elections. These state that each candidate must name his World Council team before the election and that no-one can appear on more than one list. This means that anyone who intends to turn against Mosley will have to make their intentions known before the election.

Vatanen is up against it, he has declared he wants change and rightly so! Mosley is twisting the knife from the outside and will always be sticking his filthy corrupt snout in if Todt gets the job.

Everyone wants a clean sheet I'm sure, and I believe Vatanen can provide this, but this is why Mosley will do everything he can to stop him winning...IMO we can only hope for a backroom deal before the election to secure this.

18. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    In the law I believe its known as ruling beyond the grave.
    It might just be easier to be elected Pope.

19. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    I can't say that I blame him - I hope he can do well but unfortunately I think Max has made his mark on who will be his replacement..

from autosport

Former world rally champion Ari Vatanen has criticised the manner by which Max Mosley has gone public in his support for candidate Jean Todt in the future FIA presidential elections.

Mosley announced earlier this week that he was to step down from his current role at the end of October. In his letter explaining the reasons behind the move, he also said that the best man to replace him would be Todt.

Vatanen has questioned the ethics of such a move, and thinks that it proves that Todt will merely be representing the 'old era'.

"Although I have criticised the FIA strongly, I have never aimed it at Mosley personally," Vatanen told Spanish newspaper AS.

"But it's not good that a leader stays in the post for a long time, and when that happens, the best thing is a change. And I represent that change, a new era with more freshness.

"On the contrary, Jean Todt represents the old era, and it's not right that Max wants to impose a new leader, and that he uses the power of the federation to support his campaign. The FIA is not a kingdom; it's a republic where the leaders are chosen democratically.

"At Ferrari they don't want Todt to be president, and so they have told me, because they think they sport would lose credibility. The same would happen if it was Ross Brawn or Flavio Briatore running. The president of the FIA must be someone neutral."

Despite Vatanen's claims about Ferrari not wanting Todt, AUTOSPORT understands that the Italian team has expressed no preference in who wins the FIA election, and is adopting a neutral stance regarding the situation.