Have you ever experienced vandalism? | FerrariChat

Have you ever experienced vandalism?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Testarossa Sean, Nov 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Testarossa Sean

Testarossa Sean Karting

May 13, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Sean
  2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Wow horrible! Sorry to hear that man. I only had positive reactions in SoCal.

shawdut likes this.
  3. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    That is so terrible and I am so sorry it happened. I am surprised that it occurred here in the desert. People seem more balanced here than LA, but I guess there is no escaping “these” types of people.

On a separate note, I am staying at my house in Rancho Mirage. I think I saw you driving down Da Vall Dr. this afternoon. I told my wife that I loved the color of your TR. Made me regret selling mine a few months ago.

4. Testarossa Sean

Testarossa Sean Karting

May 13, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Unfortunate, I’ve been coming down here for years. This would be the last place I would expect something like this. Lost for words truly.

Thank you, very unique color combination. I truly enjoy sharing it with people everywhere we go.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Similar stuff has happened to me in the past including a man yelling profanities because I own a Ferrari

6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So sorry to hear this happen, man, I sure love to catch one of this bad guys some day.

7. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    God I hate people. I would be pretty close to choking someone out. That’s terrible

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

TheDiffuser likes this.
  8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Not that I approve such behavior toward any inanimate object or vehicle, be it Ferrari, Prius or my pickup, but based on details shown in your last photo, this reaction wasn't by chance caused (invited ?) by the car possibly being parked somewhat inappropriately, i.e. diagonally over two spots ?
    Just curious.

LorenzoOO, calder1 and Sky Hye like this.
  9. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Really terrible, people suck. And he didn’t even get the Magnum PI car right! :)

darth550, Testarossa Sean and Sky Hye like this.
  10. Testarossa Sean

Testarossa Sean Karting

May 13, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Yes, car was parked at an angle. Private spot reserved for valet (directed by hotel staff). I did take two spots to prevent door dings. However, that is not an invitation for stupidity.

TheDiffuser likes this.
  11. Testarossa Sean

Testarossa Sean Karting

May 13, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    True, and no mustache! ‍♂️

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I used to get idiots having their girlfriends pose with my cars, leaning on them wearing jeans with rivets. They'd usually call me an AH for asking them to get off.

An actual act was when someone smashed some fruit and spit on my Cayenne windshield for (I guess) parking in a handicap space, with the placard on the mirror that's for my son.

Testarossa Sean likes this.
  13. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    My car has the exact same colors... you have good taste :).

I would never ever park my testarossa anywhere unless I was standing next to it. Risk of damage way too high...

TheDiffuser and Testarossa Sean like this.
  14. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    My first TR was also the same color combination

15. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Thanks for confirming.
    Apparently it was perceived as "an invitation for stupidity" by some one, but since it was hotel staff/valet provided invite, I assume their insurance will cover any/all damages it produced.

16. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    it's almost worth them doing it so I could.... go to jail and get sued. Still worth it! I have no idea what's wrong with people. I hope the damage isn't too bad. I hate the people leaning on, sitting on my cars as well. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt that they aren't that smart... But c'mon! On the contrary, if you ask nicely, then I'll even take the pic for you and let you sit in it or maybe even go for a ride.

17. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I am super extra courteous in the Ferrari , i know that anything even perceived as "cocky" will invite problems..however with my 911 i park anywhere and don't care worry.

TheDiffuser likes this.
  18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    That's what I love about the 911 its gets respect out there

19. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! I WOULD KILL!!!
    That Sucks!

20. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    Funny, I've been yelled at '******!' once in my 458, but nothing in my 911.

I do not ever, leave my car out of sight. The most annoying thing I've experienced in the 458, is a drunk woman, wearing a studded belt, draping herself across the rear of my car. Her friend took a photo, then they wondered why I ran up to them and politely asked them to stop.

Some people don't care because they've never owned anything, to care enough about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Absolutely, the 911 people come up to you and you can tell they feel you are an enthusiast, a driver, while the ferrari, well, i kind of feel like a ****** bag driving the thing lol..Most ferrari people i've met and talked to about going for a drive thought i meant cruise up and down the strip..ummm, NO i mean go out to the Canyons and hit the twisties as i always have with the my Porsche buddies.

centerfireman likes this.
  22. Surfari

Surfari Karting

Nov 4, 2016
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Luke
    Sorry to hear that this happened. Hopefully insurance takes care of everything and the vandal finds a way to work through his/her anger issues (ideally after they are prosecuted).

I've only had one episode of negative attention. A Corolla driver yelled "douchbag" out their window as they drove past (I was waiting in the left turn lane). But that same day, I had two other compliments on my car which seems pretty normal. Based on my limited sample size, the positive comments largely outweigh anything negative.

23. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Maybe it was an old girl friend of Magnum's, he must of broke a lot of hearts

24. Testarossa Sean

Testarossa Sean Karting

May 13, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Hahaha...maybe!

25. Testarossa Sean

Testarossa Sean Karting

May 13, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I never receive this type of attention in my 993. I hate to say it comes with the territory, because that is utter nonsense. I have learned that the Ferrari brings out the worst in some people. Sad, but true. This all comes as a shock to me.

I am the guy who opens his car door to allow young kids to sit in the driver seat for photo opportunities.