Have you ever experienced vandalism? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Have you ever experienced vandalism?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Testarossa Sean, Nov 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redline76

redline76 Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Venice, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren V
    Yes, it is.

Perception is reality. If you park like an entitled ****** regardless of your justification, you can't assume people will be sympathetic to your unknown concern for door dings. You just look like an ****** and some will treat you (and your property) as such. Pretty simple, really.

-w-

iloveferrari likes this.
  2. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I am shocked and sorry these idiots were near the TR. It could have been much worse.

I love the TR combo, if you think of selling, contact me. As many here know, I had her twin sister for 7 years.

Attached Files:

jamesdouglas1436 likes this.
  3. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    This is exactly why I sold both f cars and bought a 911.

The haters were prominent just about every time i took one out for a drive.

Parking in public? Risky.

Testarossa Sean and Tarek307 like this.
  4. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I parked my new at the time 911 along a curb at a grocery store to avoid door dings. I came back to find the entire side of the car keyed. Glad it was leased!

People have no concept of the work it takes to afford these items in life.

5. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    Really sorry that happened. I had someone pour some sort of beverage on one of my F cars. It looked like it was some sort of a sweet drink like juice. Luckily nothing really stuck to the paint cause I had it ceramic coated. But it did get on my glass and trim so I had to clean that up. Other than that I haven't had any other instances. I will say socal has got to be the worst area for car enthusiasts in the world, ironically this place is flooded with them. The only good thing the area has going for it is the annual climate.

6. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Why is SoCal bad for enthusiasts ? I always thought it had a big car culture.

7. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yesterday I was driving my Fcar on the back road near my house. I waited for all cars ahead to clear out. There is a short straight when coming out of the twisties. I got on it hard, then braked late near the end. F*#!, the white pickup truck ahead of me decided to brake hard early, forcing me to nearly run into him.

I always give white pickup trucks a wide berth when I'm in the Fcar. They're all a$$xxxxs. Almost always they will turn on their windshield wipers/cleaner when you come up behind them.

Testarossa Sean likes this.
  8. Testarossa Sean

Testarossa Sean Karting

May 13, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    We live in a cruel world. Difficult for some to understand. Sorry to hear about your close call.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    Well I did say that ironically there are a lot of car people here. But that doesn’t necessarily make it good for car enthusiasts. This state is not car friendly at all. With all of the strict emission regulations, high taxes, most car modifications are illegal, most roads are terrible, terrible traffic, a lot of people who are jealous of other people’s success, doesn’t really make it car friendly. And the only reason why there are a lot of car enthusiasts here is the fact that SoCal is one of the most densely populated areas in the country. So naturally we will have a lot.

Only thing CA has going for car enthusiasts imho is the weather.

Testarossa Sean likes this.
  10. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    See below. :rolleyes:
    Sincerely,
    Another "a$$xxxx" (i.e. white pickup truck driver/owner) :eek:

11. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Never had an issue ever
    Respect earns respect

Greg34, TTR and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  12. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    + 1

RonH and Greg34 like this.
  13. Greg34

Greg34 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 31, 2010
    Sunset Beach
    Full Name:
    Greg
    + 2 No issues with any car

RonH likes this.
  14. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    +3

While negative experiences are unfortunate, I dont think they are the norm. I have never had any problem either with any car. In fact, I often get smiles, thumbs up and praise for my Ferrari from other drivers and casual passers by.

15. Daytona

Daytona Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    The Valley
    Full Name:
    Mikee
    Didn't the hotel have cameras? At least find the A______e!

16. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    #41 iloveferrari, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    You had your reason but you also gave them reason. As much as I disagree with the unlawful actions, you should not have parked two spots, no matter how valid you think your reasons are. In essence, you asked for it. As a ferrari owner, you really should have known better how some people tend to react negatively to our cars.

In fact, based on your pictures, you should consider yourself lucky. Luck however does not usually happen twice.

17. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Yes, but another way to look at it is that owning a ferrari sometimes can also bring out the worst in the owners themselves.

18. RandyT

RandyT Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2016
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy T
    I was invited to display my Gulf GT40 at the Galpin Ford Car Show in Los Angles. As I parked it and was walking away, some crazy girl decided it would be fun to crawled on top of it. My friend, an ex-LAPD officer, saw it happening as I stood there in shock (but quickly took this photo). He gave her the third degree. I actually felt a little bad for her after his verbal whipping, but that quickly faded after about two seconds.

So now, I don't display my cars at any public car shows. It's not worth the risk. There's too many crazy people.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    That’s horrendous.....

20. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Randy, you truly enjoy your car. I seen you driving on PCH in Corona Del Mar - Laguna Beach

21. Testarossa Sean

Testarossa Sean Karting

May 13, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Hotel does not have cameras where vehicles are parked. Shocking, but true. Maybe this is how they cover their ******! At the end of day, it is not the damage I am concerned about, but moreover, the audacity of some to do this. Certainly not how I was raised. I certainly can not impose my moral values on knuckleheads who didn’t have a moral upbringing either.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Lol. I am just amazed by your insight or lack thereof.

TTR likes this.
  23. Golden Steed

Golden Steed Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Golden Steed
    I came up the hard way. And along that way I passed no shortage of blue bloods, trust fund babies, rich foreign kids, and worst of all: out and out crooks. I'm sorry, but not nearly everyone had to work to get theirs. A whole lot of them had it spoon fed to them or ripped people off to get to the top. And that, I think, is where the resentment comes from.