360 - headlight help needed | FerrariChat

360 headlight help needed

Discussion in '360/430' started by utopia3, Oct 25, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. utopia3

utopia3 Rookie

Jan 2, 2021
    Toronto, Ontario
    I have to replace my left headlight, and this turned into a month long hunt for parts that went the way of the dodo. I have a euro vehicle, LHD, xenon (gas) headlights.

Exact part numbers I require are:
    72001186 - part number it replaced 65994686
    72001286 - part number it replaced 65995286

I have a question for a few experts, or people that had to deal with this, as I am unable to get any details from Ferrari directly.
    I also suspect many will run into replacement part issues with this going forward, so having a thread clarifying the below may be beneficial.

1. What is the difference between the halogen (non gas) and the xenon (gas) headlights? More specifically, can the halogen easily be retrofitted to the xenon, or are the housings different, and the halogen can only be converted to an aftermarket headlight.

2. What is the difference between the USA/Canada lights VS. Euro lights VS. RHD market headlights? These are three distinct part numbers, before getting into the color code on the last 2 digits. Has anyone installed USA/Canada headlights on a euro car, or vice versa?

3. What is the difference between the LHD market and RHD market headlights? Is this just the calibration of the driver/passenger side, and if so, can the calibration be done to change lights from one market to the other? What is involved? I assume if it was an easy calibration, they wouldn't have separate part numbers.

duck.co.za likes this.
  2. Hutch526

Hutch526 Rookie

May 17, 2022
    Uk
    Full Name:
    John hutchison
    I have a LHD 360 but in the uk. I'm not 100% if I have xenons as never changed a bulb or really driven it when dark.
    I have taking it across to Europe a few times and once over there it is simply a case of throwing a lever with an Allen key in the Frunk which moves the beam pattern to the opposite side.
    So I don't think they made LHD/RHD lights, just sets that can either.
    Check your car and see if you can move the beam pattern

3. utopia3

utopia3 Rookie

Jan 2, 2021
    Toronto, Ontario
    @Hutch526 thanks for the response.

That is useful info. Have you adjusted the beam with the allen key yourself? I am told that it’s not a simple process to adjust. Maybe to tune it exactly I guess, but so ling as you are not blinding people I don’t see why it would be a big deal.

There are in fact LHD and RHD lights, with separate oart numbers, and calibration seems to be the only difference.
    I should have this confirmed tomorrow and will advise.

Good luck to us all in the future with these colour matched lights. I have asked multiple after market manufacturers, they all turned me down when I asked if they would be interested in manufacturing thr housing/headlight.

4. Hutch526

Hutch526 Rookie

May 17, 2022
    Uk
    Full Name:
    John hutchison
    Yes I have changed it on mine, but looks like I've been doing it wrong too using the Allen key to adjust.... all I can say is I need to RTFM :)

Attached Files:

utopia3 likes this.
  5. utopia3

utopia3 Rookie

Jan 2, 2021
    Toronto, Ontario
    @Hutch526 nice find, don’t we all need to consulat ‘Manuel’ more often!

I made so many calls, asked so many people, meanwhile the info was hiding in plain sight…