HEADS UP : 1 HOUR TO GO FOR THE NEW F1 UNVEILING !!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

HEADS UP : 1 HOUR TO GO FOR THE NEW F1 UNVEILING !!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by amenasce, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #26 wax, Jan 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, obviously there's no "rods" as I first thought - "B" shape doesn't look much different *BUT* there actually is a difference in the spoiler topography - check out the OLD (Top) vs. NEW (Bottom)

NEW has introduced some curves in the rear portion of the top section of the wing, even disappearing into the shadows, close to the nose - whereas OLD, comparitively speaking - appears as if it was cut from a sheet, and declared "Good'nuff."
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    All i am really seeing here is an increase in the width of the second element of the front wing. this will create a little bit more down force on the front of the car.

3. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'm pretty sure none of us (here) have actually seen the 2004 challenger yet. If they use that front wing come March I'll eat my shoes.

Anyone else notice fogging on the shot that 'showed' the rear diffuser? I was gazing at it really intently, but couldn't see properly.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #29 wax, Jan 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Both the front and read wing, as well as other aerodynamic components, are in all probability fakes at this point. Teams dont put their new aero stuff on diplay like this, especially so early in the season, for other teams to analyze and copy. We will see the real stuff once the season starts.

Ernesto

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, I say it was broken. Those last two races went our way because of the weather, not because of the car.

However what is different and not visible from this pictures:

The wheelbase has been shortened by 2 inches (5 cm) and hence forced a totally new monocoque.

Also the engine must have been overhauled as this season it has to last for the entire weekend.

So the changes are more subtle and under the skin. Whether that will be enough remains to be seen. If I had to place some money, I'd put it on Kimi.