Healthy Guy Recipies | FerrariChat

Healthy Guy Recipies

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Piper, May 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I thought it might be cool to share quick meal ideas. Like your typical male, I don't care much for long meal prep times. My favorites over time change, but the theme remains the same, how quickly can I throw something healthy together.

Just wolfed down one of my recent faves. I throw a frozen fish fillet in a skillet, still frozen, dump 4-6oz of some indian sauce on it, Masala or Jafreezi usually, and then pour a can of chick peas over top. Set the flame on the lowest possible setting and forget about it for a while, watch a sitcom, take a shower, whatever. When I finally remember I started lunch, the skillet is boiling away and fully cooked, fish is tender and not dry at all, tastes amazing.

Feel free to share yours.

2. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    My lunch I just had -- a few real beef hotdogs (good ones), a couple baked potatoes (microwave), and Cabernet Sauvignon, mmm mmm good.

3. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Breakfast - It's not really necessary to boil steel cut oats. Just add boiled water to a bowl of steel cuts and cover for ten minutes. Again, the food is cooking while you're doing something else. After ten minutes, add ceylon cinnamon in copious quantities, and a ton of raisins and sliced bananas. Ton's of complex carb goodness, tons of potassium, no artificial or powered flavors. Filling and highy nutritious, total prep time again about two minutes.

Vinny, good job there buddy on the lunch. You're on the right track buying "good" hotdogs. Little room for improvement though over processed lips and *******s, a couple of nuked starch grenades and alcohol. But good trying! Thanks for playing along :)

4. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    nuked starch grenades - that was funny but they are quick, tasty, and pretty good for you too - Potatoes

The Alcohol - Cabernet Sauvignon - high in reseveratrol, some think to be very helpful and it's very low in sugars. It also selectively kills bad guy's, was reading this the other day and it's why I started drinking it again -- Red Wine And Grape Juice Help Defend Against Food-borne Diseases, Study Suggests -- ScienceDaily

HotDogs - what else is so easy to prepare and tastes so good.

it's a fun meal

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #6 TexasF355F1, May 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Spinach, mushroom, and jalapeño turkey burgers.

Chop up all ingredients and add choice of spices mix together in bowl by hand. Shape pattys to size of your liking, although I use a lid from a jar to make them smaller. Then throw on grill ~6 minutes per side.

Second, mushroom and jalapeño quesadilla. I use three corn tortillas but really two is all you need and would make it better. I use mozzarella because it's only 80 calories per 1/4 cup. I put cheese, jalapenos, more cheese, second tortilla, cheese, mushrooms cheese and final tortilla. Cook in stick free skillet. The result is below.

Lastly, while I havent cooked with it yet I've bought grape seed oil to cook with.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I make my own beef jerky, great snack.

8. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I can't stand when people call guacamole "guac", but it's the guy's short recipe thread, so there's a short recipe; "Guac".

Scoop two avacados
    add about a golf ball of diced white onion
    Squeeze in a quarter small lime. I use a half lime, but that's to taste.
    Cilantro salsa and salt.

Then smash and grab a bag of corn chips. Extremely filling, extremely healthy provided you buy good ingredients. Takes me about ten minutes to prepare.

9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    What ever quantity of sushi grade ahi you feel like diced in 1/4 to 3/8 inch pieces, pour in a little sesame oil, blend in a little wasabi to taste, sprinkle on sesame seeds, add a diced avocado. Soy sauce and cilantro..... or not.

Very quick poke. Put on some crackers and enjoy.

Variations are limited only by the imagination.

10. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Good one. Getting the ingredients for that next chance I get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

11. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Sounds good, what kind of chips do you use?

Is this a meal or a snack? Two avacados and chips seems like a meal.

12. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'd call it a meal, too, or a snack for two. I step lightly mentioning specificity in ingredients as I'm one of those nutjobs that thinks organic and non-gmo is really important. In some cases more than others though. I wouldn't be to concerned over organic avacados, but we always keep organic chips to avoid GMO corn.

13. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I started this a few months ago
    Breakfast, Carrots, Kale, Spinach, Cabbage, Celery, Broccoli, Asparagus, Pear, Apple & Orange in the juicer
    Lunch Coconut Milk, Protein Powder and frozen fruit smoothie
    Dinner Protein, Bison Steak, Fish (Cooked or I buy pieces from local Sushi Restaurant), or Chicken and some form of Vegetable
    Feel a lot better head clearer and funny thing my hair a beard grow much faster.

14. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Sweet potato--slice into 1/2" thick rounds. Toss in bowl with olive oil and something spicy (I use El Gaucho wicked spice, and I suppose blackening or cajun spice would work as well). Put in 425 oven on a black, old, ugly cookie sheet. Cook about 15 minutes on one side, flip 'em, and give them about another 15 minutes. They will be dark brown on the outside.

Filet of salmon. Mix greek yogurt (your choice of fat content) with something liquid and spicy--Crystal hot sauce, Embassa tomatillo sauce, etc. Coat salmon, then through on grill (skin side down, on foil)--cook until done. (I usually do mine on a cedar plank, but the foil work fine.)

15. crazy canuck

crazy canuck Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2005
    West Coast

This one looks interesting - but I was thinking for a smoothie.
    Does the asparagus "mess up" the taste in this recipe -- or can you not taste it with the fruits masking the flavour ?

16. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I know we tend to agree to disagree on some things health wise, but I'm in total agreement with GMO.

Maybe Kale chips would be pretty good with that?

That sounds good Scott.

17. DevonL

DevonL Formula 3

Mar 13, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Devon
    Brussels sprouts - cut them in half and stick them in a ziplock bag, pour in some cardamom infused olive oil and stick 'em in the fridge for a half hour so. Turn on the broiler for low and let them cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, turn them over, cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.

After they're done I like to eat them in one of three ways: As is, with a little chili pepper, or I drizzle them with a little 30 year aged white balsamic.

18. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I made sweet potato fries last night and they were awesome. I based it off of this recipe, however, modify it to what works for you.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uAaaOdi4xI[/ame]

Cut sweet potato's into fries or wedges (I cut them into fries). Cut off the skin if you must, but it's better with the skin and better for you.
    Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and chili powder.
    Mix fries thoroughly to better distribute the ingredients.
    Set oven to 450
    Put foil wrapped pan in oven for 10 minutes to get it nice and hot
    Drizzle sweet potato's with olive oil or oil of preference and mix
    Pull out hot pan, drizzle or spray with olive oil and lay out the potato's.
    Bake 40-45 minutes

I just set the timer for 45 minutes and didn't pay attention. I'd probably start watching around 35 minutes. Cooked mine a little long.

This was the first time I had sweet potato's with anything other than cinnamon and I'm still amazed at how amazing they are with spices. They came out crispy and will out do any frozen bag crap.

19. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Boiled CockAsian Sir-Fry

Pot
    Boil water in large pot
    Insert whole, clean chicken
    When boiling stops PDQ, remove chicken

Put lid on pot, return to boil
    Remove lid, reinsert chicken, replace lid
    Turn heat source Off
    Let chicken sit in covered pot 1 Hour
    Remove chicken, let cool
    Peel fat & skin off & discard
    Hand-shred cooled chicken

Heat chicken stock on high

Wok
    Use some fatty chicken stock to season Wok
    If using fresh vegetables, add to Wok (or if frozen/preferred, zap in microwave - add after chicken reheats)
    Place shredded chicken in Wok
    Add Stir-Fry Sauce & seasonings you prefer & stir-fry to heart's content

Pot
    Remember Chicken Stock? . . .
    Add multiple packs of Ramen, Asian noodles or spaghetti to heated chicken stock - 3 minutes on heat, 1 minute rest without direct heat
    Strain noodles through coriander
    Add noodles to . . .

Wok
    Add small amounts of Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce, Stir. Top with Green onions.

I prefer it with small amount of PB & Sriracha added to Ramen'ed Stir-Fry. Gives it a bit of Pad Thai element, without fussiness or spoilage of sprouts.

Cost is Chicken, Veg, Sauce & Ramen - other ingredients should be in most pantries & fridge. Like Beer. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Zucchini, squash, green and yellow bell peppers. Choose your own seasoning. I did sea salt, black pepper, cayenne, garlic and onion powder, red chili flakes.

Cover in foil, Bake for 35 minutes at 375. Take out of oven and leave foil on for additional 8-10 minutes.

21. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    I'm on the EAT EVERY THREE HOUR DIET.

Sounds nuts but my trainer put me in it. Eat every three hours......lost 12 pounds in two weeks. Tons of energy. Great workouts.

Uses common sense for what you choose to eat.

Favorite meal theses days is breakfast.

Half a glass of ice, some coconut water, milk, protein powder, cup f Greek yogurt, fresh raspberry, banana, scoop of oatmeal. Put in blender ...

Awesome shake. Then three cooked egg whites and one set potato.

Starts my day off right and the morning workouts are intense. For 55 years old I'm in pretty good shape.

I highly recommend the military or eat every three hour diet.

Body learns to metabolize all calories and not store any as fat. Starts after fourth day on this diet IMO.

22. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    A simple one:

Grilled avocado.

23. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Need to try that

24. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Quick lunch: one avocado, one sliced tomato, can of tuna....mix together spice as
    needed, salsa, etc....

Quick dinner, cooked whole grilled chicken from supermarket, box of Satarain yellow
    rice, or a nuke a baked potato, and some fresh broccoli, nuked.
    Chicken leftovers for lunch next day, mix in fresh salad....
    OP asked for quick and easy meals, these are fast and decent.

25. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It's good.

To go with the guacamole I made, tonight I made spinach and mushroom quesadilla's.