Healthy Guy Recipies | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Healthy Guy Recipies

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Piper, May 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Here's a simple one, add fresh jalapenos to anything you eat. The smaller you dice them, the less you notice them. I typically just cut them in half.

You get a little kick and they're good for you.

Although not really healthy, I had a small bowl of grated cheese and jalapenos. It was great.:D

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    That is exactly the kind of thing that got me needing to diet and exercise in the first place! :p

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    HAHA. Well it wasn't a ton. I had some more last night.

I was also going to share another recipe but now I forgot.

4. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Not a recipe but a tip. Frozen veggies are a great option.

5. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Add a little sunflower seed oil and a dash of tumeric. There's your recipe.

6. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Or any spices you prefer.:p I actually sprinkled lemon pepper on it and when I put it on my plate I added a dash of hot sauce. Which is actually great way to add some salt/flavor(assuming you don't add it to foods or very limited) and get a kick of heat. A small amount of hot sauce goes a far way if you mix it into your food.

I don't know if I've ever had tumeric on its own. Now I need to try it.

7. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Tumeric is pretty pungent. Very healthful but you probably won't like it by itself.

8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    It's a great ingredient.

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    #34 tomc, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Cold melon soup = honeydew + Jumex pear nectar + half-half (didn't have yogurt in fridge), blitz with stick blender. Side salad. Pasta. Tasty. Filling. Done in 15 - 20 min.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Discovered a new favorite.I pre-cook up a bunch of mini lamb chops, can be used for a bunch of things including a quick snack cold.

So the recipe is pop open a couple cans of lentil soup. We get our organic lentil soup from Costco, pull tops, couldn't be quicker. Into the pot on high flame, dice up a bunch of rare lamb, add copious amounts of cayenne, tumeric, black pepper and good salt. We use himalayan pink salt. Heat to simmer, mix and let stand. Cooking time maybe 10 minutes if your lamb is already prepared. Takes longer to eat. Absolutely delicious. Crumbled up a piece of bacon in it as well yesterday.

11. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I don't cook at lunch, I'm at the office. I don't make time to pack a lunch.

I started eating turkey burgers at the building cafeteria about a year ago. I have them make it open faced on one slice of wheat bread with a slice of cheese. No fries.

Breakfast is made in my NutriBullet. I love that thing. Usually spinach, strawberries and banana, though sometimes use an apple. Add water and ice, chug. No waste except for the banana peel. Just rinse to clean up.

I lost 25 lbs and have managed to keep it off for 15 months.

12. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Two quick desert ideas.

Simply, organic graham crackers spread with thick, unfiltered honey.

Shortbread finger cookies topped with extra dark chocolate bar bites.

13. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Graham crackers are decently healthy?

That sounds good, I'll skip the honey though.

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    In terms of healthy desserts, I make something like this w/o sugar or with whatever your favorite "fake" sugar is. If you can hold out to your berries are at their sweetest, then even the sugar can be neglected/minimized…T

Vegan Mousse | Tofu Pudding | Healthy Blender Recipes

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Jim - am always looking for new ways to get leafy greens into my and the wife's diet. How much spinach? Maybe a handful? Frozen? Thanks in advance…T

16. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Yeah, a good handful. I buy the 'fresh' stuff in a bag at the grocery. The 'bullet turns it into liquid, no chunks. It's thick, but no chunks. I sometimes use frozen strawberries, maybe frozen spinach would work too. Save me from adding ice to make it cold....

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks, Jim...T

18. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The epitome of a bachelor's dinner. 1 can tuna + 1 cup minute rice + minced jalapeños and pickles + grated mozzarella (or whatever cheese in fridge). Microwave for 45 seconds total stirring at 20-25 seconds.

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That sounds tasty apart from the pickles (but that's my oddity, as I only like pickles alone or on a hamburger!). If you want to spice it up, instead of mozz, try this stuff next time: cream cheese with jalapenos.
    [​IMG]
    For a mass marketed, national brand, it has a nice amount of spice. At least by my standards, since I'm a transplant to Texas. I've been spreading it on everything lately. Makes a great accompaniment to bagels & smoked salmon! Great way to get those omega 3's!
    T

20. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm I put cream cheese on anything its a bagel or stuffed jalapenos.

Thank for the suggestion though, good to know it exists.

I had to clue a friend of mine in on why it was a bachelor's dinner. If you've never lived alone it's tough to understand I guess. but he also tries too hard to be "manly". Lol

21. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I've seen wild sockeye salmon in a can. If you can substitute for the tuna, would be a good move long term. Tuna is the poster child/fish for high mercury content. Sometimes food.

22. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    True. I don't eat canned tuna all that often . When I made it the first time last week it was the first time in over a year probably.

I'm not too concerned as long as I don't eat it daily or weekly.

23. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Found this chicken recipe for severe heartburn sufferers a while back and started cooking more of their recipes - they're great! Information on GERD is very helpful too.

Click the RECIPES button (lower right in blue) for the other 59 recipes. The almond chicken tastes sooo good. I add three sprigs of steamed fresh Chinese broccoli on the side and some Basmati rice. Mashed potatoes would also be heartburn friendly.

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Michael…Have you found that these recipes help with GERD?…T

25. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    That's hard to say Tom. These recipes are "acid-reflux friendly" so they don't provoke heartburn but as for improving GERD, that's much harder to gauge. Perhaps in the long run if I stick to the recipes I can get a better sense.

Foods like ginger, cabbage, lean chicken, chicken soup...etc. certainly soothe your stomach and avoid reflux when eaten in proper small portions but I leave the more therapeutic stuff to supplements and the unavoidable prescription medication.

I take DGL (deglycyrrhinated licorice) before meals to avoid stomach upsets. I've ordered some D-limonene for my GF to try as well. The DGL works really well for me, but not quite enough for my GF.

Do you also have suggestions for GERD?