Healthy recipes | FerrariChat

Healthy recipes

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by texasmr2, Jan 3, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #1 texasmr2, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    With everyones approval I would like to start a nutrition thread for recipes based upon this new thread if I may: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350662

Veggies and fruits are a no brainer but sometimes it is difficult to find recipes/marinates for chicken or other meats so please post your recipes or marinates.

Best,
    Gregg

ps, I will add hopefully in sequence my prep for this week:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    How healthy (from fresh) are those sliced strawberries? And...how much do they cost vs. the grocery store packaged ones? They probably last longer frozen, which is a good thing.

3. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    They are actually very healthy as they are fresh and then flash frozen, I even use the banana/strawberry combo. Fresh is nice but cost just as much as those and I dont have to worry about them going bad within a week.

4. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    This is a great idea for a thread. Once I get home tonight I'll post up some of the recipes my wife and I like.

5. Ivan Rajic

Ivan Rajic Karting

Jul 18, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Ivan Rajic
    Subscribed... great thread idea.

6. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I'm gonna shoot for possibly a bi-weekly update and not sooner. Yesterday I started having some unknown issue with my left ankle and can barely walk so my cardio will be put on hold. 215lbs again this morning and not retaining alot of water and yesterday I had my protein shake for breakfast and then a lean NY strip charbroiled for lunch but my eating and weight training programs are very crude at the moment for various reasons.

I'm certain once I get my next patrol position my training and results will increase ten fold as they have a full gym at my disposal 24/7.

7. athena_emerson

BANNED

Feb 21, 2012
    Thanks for posting! Time to get cooking…

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I would make your own marinade. I'd imagine there's a lot more sodium and unnecessary ingredients in that packet.

And yes, frozen fruits and veggies are great.

9. Frips_Girl

Frips_Girl Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    SoCal & TO
    Full Name:
    Annetta
    Frozen fruits are fantastic, but learning how to read the nutrition labels plays a huge role in nutrition. It actually becomes a sickness where now I cannot eat a processed food without looking at the label. Takes the fun out of eating bad, but at least then I don't eat the bad foods ; )

A frozen strawberry that I really like for taste, nutrition and cost is the Costco branded ones. A massive bag of frozen California strawberries costs $8, they thaw nicely for a light snack and blend well in smoothies. Great value for a great product : )

As far as recipes go, I'm a big fan of laid out plans as all of the guess work is taken out. I've been eating well and exercising for a long time now and still need a helping hand to keep with it from time to time. I do have a copy of a P90x nutrition guide if anyone is interested in a copy. The recipes are quite tasty and simple. PM me if interested with your email address and I can send it to you.

Here's to good health! :)

10. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I agree with the plans being great. Being unemployed right now, so no steady schedule has made it so difficult to stick to anything because I'm not eating a specific time everyday.

If you could post the nutrition guide would be awesome! This crappy eating has given me a bit of a belly. Although everyone tells me I'm crazy (I know when my pants are tighter though:D). After my last trip to the store I decided I'm clearing out everything in the fridge and then back to a healthy lifestyle. I can't take it any longer.

11. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

skip the rice.

12. hilton1

hilton1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 7, 2012
    Pasta with Spinach and Tuna!

I also like your recipe .
    Thank you for share this nice post! :)

13. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #13 texasmr2, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    How did you prepare the tuna? I love tuna but for my palate it stands alone and not mixed. I like to seperate my foods because I do not want one that overpowers or detracts from the other dish's flavor unless the dish is a mixture.

On that note I finally remembered to take pics of my 'support' system so guess what is in the jug, the winner will recieve two first class tickets to nowhere, that sounded funny! What is crazy is the volume of this witches brew. I made this batch yesterday and it has decreased by atleast 35-40% due to the loss of air from the blender.

I thought about Brook while mixing this witches brew, I should actually post this video in the "30 Kids and counting" thread!
    "Well the kids don't eat, and the dog can't sleep, there's no escape from the music in the whole damn street 'Cause she's playing all night, and the music's all right, mama's got a squeeze box Daddy never sleeps at night!"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZuGs7LML-Q&feature=fvwpb&NR=1[/ame]

14. alisaroack

alisaroack Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 31, 2012
    Healthy life is a one of the best life.If you are eat healthy foods,then you can look healthy.So eat healthy and look healthy.