Heard of Bizzarrini for sale;valuable info but how can I receive commission? | FerrariChat

Heard of Bizzarrini for sale;valuable info but how can I receive commission?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Jul 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I heard recently of an old 1970 (Even though I thought they didn't make them past '69) Bizzarrini GT5300 Strada series 2 for sale. I remember the marque because 50 years ago I used to be a barn finder, gave that up when folks could find cars by themselves on the internet. And I hesitate to even mention a car that's abroad, could be one of the recently made replicas (one suspicious thing is the "mouse fur" covered dash, another is two color rear lights (split between red and white) I don't remember that on any of the three Bitz's I bought in my barn finding career Also it's a lot of work to find a Bitz, so much easier to find an Iso Grifo. So I ask FC readers, when you hear a tip like that, how could one pass on the info, and still hope for some type of compensation if it's bought by someone acting on your tip?(I did that inadvertently when I was a beginning barn finder, one Dutch friend I took with me to look at an early Ghia bodied Ferrari snuck back without my knowledge and bought it) And I don't know the price. I don't want to advertise it on CL as it's not my car to sell, All I have for sale is the seller's name, along with owner list, present location, and what pictures I didn't accidentally erase when I was sent pictures. If someone else can find it on the net, feel free to post it, maybe somebody will recognize the car and we will all know the details of its history...

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    It's always a bit of a shuffle, but if you know the right people, and they believe in car karma, no one should be kinking anyone without compensating justly.

Whenever someone stepped on my toes, and did so purposefully to go around me, I would just never talk to that person ever again, and if brought up, I minced no words about my opinion of that person if directly asked by someone.

As far as arming you with information that leads to compensation, these days if someone gives me a name, a number and a recent photo/location of a car or barn find, and GETS ME IN THE DOOR, then by all means, I'm always happy to send over some $$.

Hope that helps. I've kept a Bizzarrini in my pocket the last few years, maybe the guy will sell one day, but it's a Europa.

:)

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I don't think Europas have been discovered yet by collector. maybe if they have a Bizzarrini class at Pebble again they will include them

19633500GT likes this.
  4. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I would say the only way to guarantee compensation is to buy it, then flip it.

5. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    LOVE the Europa’s smaller dimensions - styling masterpiece.