Heidfeld injured again | FerrariChat

Heidfeld injured again

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by F1racer, Sep 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Autosport-Atlas says Nick was hit by a motorcycle while riding his bicycle in Switzerland. He could miss the rest of the season. JungleBoy (pizzonia) will finish the year...

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Hmm...maybe it didn't happen and he's wanting to not risk any crashes on the track so he'll be in OK shape for BMW next season?

3. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I was thinking the same. Something strange is going on for sure. First of all can you miss 2 races with a migraine?

Williams have sacked him because he signed for BMW? That would be ridiculous, no?

4. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    New Heidfeld Injury Could Give Rosberg F1 Chance.
    http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/19528/

In my opinion it won't happen.
    What happens if he gets injured and can't participate in the last GP2. Kovalainen is champion?

Suzuka and Shanghai maybe (if Heidfeld doesn't come back) but not Brazil.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I don't see that happening either. I expect AP to be driving the rest of the season. He hasn't done that bad, just had a bad choice of tires today (iirc) that led to the crash. Next year I'm not sure if JB will be there or not, Frank seems very adamant about keeping JB on contract.

6. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Spanish Sports newpaper As said three days ago

GP DE BÉLGICA | DIARIO AS - 09-09-2005
    http://www.as.com/articulo.html?xref=20050909dasdaimot_4&type=Tes&d_date=20050909&anchor=dasmot

Williams don't want Nick to compete anymore
    The German has a perfect health, but his actual team has excluded him for the rest of the year because he has agreed to drive for BMW in 2007.

Nick Heidfeld also wants to leave Williams. What happens is that he has a contract for the next year with his current escuderia. The pilot had given his word to Frank, the team owner, he would stay, but he has fitted in anger when he knows he had signed for BWM in 2007. He isn't alloved to compete until he solved his situation. The thing about his injure is an excuse, he feels perfectly. The Gorve escuderia must exercise his right of an automatic renewal on the German before 15th September, but he has raised hell when knowing he would go there even in 2006. So Pizzonia would drive indefinitely as long as the Williams soap opera contracts is decided."

BS? Could be.

7. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    At least Heidfeld was straight forward and told the truth (or so it seems), unlike Montoya that apparently made up a story when he was injured earlier in the season...

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    How did he make up a story? So you're saying he lied on The Late Show with David Lettermen in front of Dave and the US, too??? I know a lot of people on this forum don't like him, but I really don't think he made that up (slipping on one of the balls place on the serving line).

For Heidfeld, I'm not surprised about all the stories we've heard. I would be surprised if anyone wants to be at Williams next year who actually has a some sort of future in F1. The last 2 years at Williams has been horrible and next year doesn't look too great either.

Oh well, since BMW isn't providing them engines, I'm switching over to BMW/Sauber next season. I'll have to change my username at the end of the season to BMW.Sauber instead.

9. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    There were strong rumors about his injury.... and I would not be surprised that Montoya was not straight forward. In certain instances teams have not allowed drivers to engage in dangerous activities or participate in other series/types of racing. Such clauses are included in contracts. Ron Dennis says he lets his drivers do as they want but only a hand full of people actually know what's written there.