Hello From Austin Texas | FerrariChat

Hello From Austin Texas

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by 09Scuderia, May 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Thanks Michael Hull and Blake Sandstrom from Ferrari Austin for helping us buy our new Ferrari California T. For those of you in the ATX area stop over and check out the dealership. (Be very very nice to Blake and maybe he will let you see what is in their 'vault'.)

Proud new owners (first registered owners) of a 2016 California T. This car has a ton of options with a MSRP of $272.

Went on a solo long Hill Country drive last evening and fell in love with the car. It is almost like a car superhero. Calm and dignified and yet when called upon with instantly become a race car. I have never driven a car that combines absolute GT comfort, touring abilities with intense speed and fury. The California T is very happy just to ride along the country roads in comfort or nail the corners showing its F1 racing blood. You have to drive one to understand.

we owned a 2010 California and the differences with the T cannot be understated. There are many posts about this topic so I won't elaborate. Bottom line, the T is absolutely worth the upgrade.

More soon, will post pics by Long Horns when I find the opportunity.

Tim&Julie

timjen88 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Make sure to get paint protection before driving out around the lake on the smaller roads like Comanche Trail. Lot's of sharp rocks out there.

I use Sunbusters and Suntek.

Congrats on the Cali T, you will love it.

3. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    came with a clear bra...

headed to Lime Creek this weekend. Have you driven that road before? 17 miles of fairly intense technical turns. Ends up close to the Oasis restaurant.

VAF84 likes this.
  4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yes, that is connected to Comanche Trail. That is actually what I was referring to as it's the longer drive. It's more direct for me to just go straight up 2222 to Bullick Hollow then take a left on 2679 which eventually becomes Lime Creek. I posted a map of this route in one of the other forums a while back. It's a lot of fun but be warned, there are sheriffs out there from time to time so be careful or get a cop catcher. I do both.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Congrats on the new car. This is the perfect time of the year in Tejas, before it gets blazing hot, to enjoy top-down, F-car driving. And, if you're lucky enough, to get out of the city and on to fun roads in short order, more the better. Enjoy your new T and keep an eye out for the popo!
    T

6. AustinDriver

AustinDriver Rookie

Mar 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Congrats on the new car. I love driving Lime Creek Rd. I started with Porsches many years ago and have also upgraded to the Prancing Horse. Mine is not a “T” but it’s a Cal 30 and I love it. See you on Lime Creek sometime.

VAF84 likes this.
  7. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    for sure.
    Lime Creek is one of those road that is perfect for fun cars....and most days...no one else is on it. Other times, loads of tan camerys.

timjen88 likes this.
  8. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Bike riders and deer around dusk. Weekday mornings are great. I was out on it Thursday morning.

9. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Congrats!!!! Let's see some pics! Us Cali owning Austinites should try to have a presence at Cars & Coffee. I'm game.

10. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    absolutely. Pretty sure the next C&C is end of this month at Cota.
    Also, we all need to be very supportive of the local Ferrari Dealer. We have gotten to know the GM and others..great people who truly want to make Austin the Ferrari central of the US. COTA being so close its a natural extension.

11. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Congratulations.

12. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    8am next sunday morning at COTA. I will try to be there. With the new car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Lovely car. Austin does love white Ferraris...

wrs likes this.
  14. A.J

A.J Karting

Dec 14, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Congratulations! I'm British and travel to the states a few times a year. Austin TX is one of my favourite places!! Absolutely love the place and can not wait to visit again!
    Enjoy your new car in good health :)

09Scuderia, timjen88 and wrs like this.