Hello from Germany! In the market for a 456/550/575 | FerrariChat

Hello from Germany! In the market for a 456/550/575

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TobiasM, Sep 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TobiasM

TobiasM Rookie

Sep 22, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Toby
    Would like to introduce myself and sending a warm "Hello from Germany" to all of you Ferrari-enthusiasts.

I like the old V12-front-engine cars and was just amazed about how expensive the 400/412-series cars have gotten, now I have some money to spend and checking prices.

Thus I realized, the more modern 456/550/575 are within the same price-ranges, I started to think more of these than the old 400/412 series...although all of them are beautiful cars.

But I still am not 100% sure if going the "Ferrari-route"...could need some convincing :)

I am an ordinary guy, maybe a "poor dog" some would say, as I have still to get up everyday and go to work to earn my momey. Better would be, I would the money do work for me...I know, that is the big goal to achive.

I love cars eversince, the older, the faster and the less electronics, the better. Though there is a sweet spot for late 80`s / early 90`s cars, a that was a time when there was enough electronics available to ASSIST a driver but not overruling him, also reliability was much better. Do not need a car where engine-management talks to an adjustable headrest.

My daily-driver is a Alpina-BMW B10 bi-turbo since 15years. As a fun-car I bought a C4 Corvette ZR-1 (1990) merely 2 years ago, that has not seen much use by me, as shortly after my wife got pregnant. Thus a 2+2 is appealing, so we can do joyrides or daytrips with my little family of 3 people all together.

This makes an 456 very interesting to me...but somehow I am also for the 550/575, although it is a very similar concept as the Corvette.

I am living not that far away from Nürburgring and have driven the Alpina many years/laps there on track. Nothing fancy, only an entry-level-series aiming for regularity (as known from classic-car-events) and not for best-lap-time. But brings lots of fun, teaches you a lot and is affordable. So if I decide to buy a Ferrari, it will definately see some time on the Nürburgring...just for fun, not for living.

Hope to have some good times with you here on this board!

Thanks & best regards,
    Toby