Help! 308 to 348 wheel conversion...? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Help! 308 to 348 wheel conversion...?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by JonnyT, Jan 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roryferrari

Roryferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Dave Bell
    I'll send pics once installed, but your right, there is next to nothing between the rim and ground.. Such a chg on this car. Makes it look very light. Maybe will need lowering to achieve final look.

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Very cool, I cannot wait to see the pics!

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I want to apologize in advance for this, but not only might/will Dave's need the coachwork lowered -- so does Jean-Paul's. That's not to say that they won't/don't look good without it, but when the gap between the tire OD to the bottom of the upper fender arch is larger than the tire sidewall height, I don't think that that's something that Pininfarina would have done/accepted.

Personally, I like a little forward rake on the 308/328 coachwork so maybe I wouldn't mess with the rear yet, but if you lowered the front of Jean-Paul's 308, I think it would make the "larger dia wheel + smaller sidewall tire" combination look better matched to the coachwork position -- i.e., park a lowered 308/328 with those wheels next to a 360, and I'd bet a non-F person would have a very hard time guessing that they were 20~25 years apart.

JMO...

4. JonnyT

JonnyT Karting

Jan 21, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jean-Paul
    ...but if you lowered the front of Jean-Paul's 308, I think it would make the "larger dia wheel + smaller sidewall tire" combination look better matched to the coachwork position -- i.e., park a lowered 308/328 with those wheels next to a 360, and I'd bet a non-F person would have a very hard time guessing that they were 20~25 years apart....

JMO...[/QUOTE]

Hehe...how'd you guess what my next project is? ;-)

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Excellent! -- I know you won't be disapponted in the results...

6. JonnyT

JonnyT Karting

Jan 21, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jean-Paul