Help, 348 Italian rip off ! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Help, 348 Italian rip off !

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by sf348s, May 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sf348s

sf348s Karting

Oct 8, 2003
    Lazio, Italy & UK
    Full Name:
    Steve Holden
    Cheers guys, I'll get the car up tomorrow afternoon, and have a proper look around and try to get some pics if need be.I met a guy today with an f430, he's a GOOD customer at the Rome Ferrari garage (obviously!) so he's gonna speak to them to find out the chance of refunding as the work was carried out by an authorized agent (genova).Thanks again for all your help, I've been veiwing this forum since the old site ( 2002 i think) but as you can see by my number of posts i've never needed so much help but i'm so glad your here!

2. sf348s

sf348s Karting

Oct 8, 2003
    Lazio, Italy & UK
    Full Name:
    Steve Holden
    Update, I am still awaiting reply from UK dealer, I have spoken to Italian garage they want the car back (of course!) but think it's a fault with the bearing they fitted....more sh**? probably, how likley is that? If it is the case can i fit the bearing they took off (fitted last july)on the new flange? Maybe the problem was the flange/shaft all along?

3. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
  4. sf348s

sf348s Karting

Oct 8, 2003
    Lazio, Italy & UK
    Full Name:
    Steve Holden
    Earnie, spoke to QV they confirmed part for flange is ok, they said it should be compatable with that bearing and suggested if the blue seals were used they could have been put on wrong as they are not easy to recognise which goes where and are quite easy to break but the Italian guy says the seals he used are black (old type i presume).I'm still waiting for a response from the UK...