Help choosing aftermarket exhaust for a 1981 308 GTSi | FerrariChat

Help choosing aftermarket exhaust for a 1981 308 GTSi

Discussion in '308/328' started by Octonion, Dec 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Octonion

Octonion Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2020
    USA
    Is there something odd about this besides the decat pipes? I looked up parts reference and it seems to be the correct exhaust setup for a 1981 GTSi. I called Ferrparts and he said that they don't sell anything that will fit a 1981 with this setup as a two valve car can only have the exhsust with one long tube and one short tube. baffling.

I have a Larini club sport on my Lotus Evora and I absolutely love it. So I emailed them about what would fit my 1981 GTSi as well. This is what I am looking at. https://www.larinisystems.com/collection/ferrari/308-gtbi-gtsi/larini-sports-exhaust-system-usa-spec---late-twin-cats

Any feed back would be appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    waymar and Octonion like this.
  3. Octonion

Octonion Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2020
    USA
  4. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
  5. F308fan

F308fan Karting

May 7, 2017
    Peoria, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony Pacini
    #5 F308fan, Feb 21, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    Did you end up finding something? If so, what? How did it fit?

I’ve also got a 1981 GTSi (US) with twin cats, considering an upgrade. I’d really hope to find something that bolts right up and doesn’t require modification. Is that unreasonable?

6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    ragtop1, dinogt4guy and Octonion like this.
  7. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Make sure your parking brake cable isn't adversely affected.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  8. Octonion

Octonion Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2020
    USA
    I ended up ordering this. As it is made to order, I still have not received it. Should probably have it by the end of Feb I am hoping. I sent David a couple of pictures of my exhaust and he ensured me that this should just bolt on. If you have a question, email him and he can call you.

David Clark
    Larini Systems
    www.larinisystems.com
    T: (0) 800 953 1747
    US 1 800 452 5075

E: [email protected]

https://www.larinisystems.com/collection/ferrari/308-2v/larini-sports-exhaust-system-usa-spec---early-twin-cats

9. F308fan

F308fan Karting

May 7, 2017
    Peoria, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony Pacini
    SAFE4NOW likes this.
  10. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Tony,

You can have it, but as you can see in the photo, mine is 7/8 severed as well, so I am not sure it would help you much.

PM me your address, if you want it anyways.

Steve

11. Octonion

Octonion Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2020
    USA
    Update on my Larini exhaust order. As of today, I have not received the exhaust after multiple delivery estimates that were missed. I gave them way too many chances and finally decided enough is enough. Since they stopped responding to my emails, I called my bank and opened a dispute on that credit card charge. Please be wary of dealing with them.

I guess I will stick to the stock 308 exhaust for now :)

thorn and Du_Man like this.
  12. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    In the TR/Boxer section another fchatter has issues with Larini as well. Something must be going on over there? I still cast my vote for Nouvalari!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. Octonion

Octonion Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2020
    USA
    I was told that they had a fire in the factory and lost tooling required to manufacture. I was trying to help but they kept giving me shipping estimates that they did not meet for over 9 months. I do really like their products as the quality is top notch. It is unfortunate that I had to cancel the order and open a dispute.

14. Alex N

Alex N Karting

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Vincent Napoliello
    I just installed a nouvalari ss exhaust on my 83 308 and it’s awesome, sounds great, polished stainless and beautiful tig welds all at a very fair price point. I couldn’t be happier

15. 48969

48969 Karting

Jun 27, 2020
    Chicago, Illinois
    Full Name:
    J. Michael Collins
    If you don’t want to save a few bucks, I installed two Flowmaster Super HPs. They are insulated, so they reduce heat in the engine compartment and they sound great. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/84/04/09FA36DF-6833-46EA-9ABA-3A201FBB98EA/IMG_7713.mov

climb likes this.