Help Develop FerrariChat.com Rules and Punishment… | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Help Develop FerrariChat.com Rules and Punishment…

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Auraraptor, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    How about parts of the site being restricted to posting by F owners only?

2. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Pretty soon you'll be a government. If the Iraq war keeps on going I'm sure that John Ashcroft and Tom Ridge will be available to moderate.

Hello...this is the web! The ultimate hideaway for people without taste manners and class. Why should a set of "rules" deter them from posting what they will?

Good luck with your endeavor, but I think that learning to tolerate the stuff you don't like will keep your mental state healthier than trying to swat a swarm of flies with a toothpick.

3. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    I guess I missed this thread the first time around, so sorry if this is not timely, but in any discussion of rules and what can happen to whom under what circumstances, it seems to me that web denizens often lose focus of the context in which they are conversing. So I think it might be salubrious to preface any rules/guidelines/code of conduct with something along the lines of:

Ferrarichat.com is a PRIVATE FORUM run by [Rob]. Consequently, Rob controls who posts here and what may be posted. You are a guest here, with no right (specifically, no First Amendment right) to participate in this forum. Participation is a privilege, which may be revoked at any time for any reason--or no reason--as Rob deems appropriate.

You are welcome here, as long as you show common courtesy to the other members of this community. While courtesy and manners should be functions of common sense, experience has shown that this is not always the case, so by way of illustration, here are some examples of discourteous behavior:

[list of stuff you can't do]

This list is not exclusive; ultimately, the decision comes down to Rob. While he tries to be fair and tolerant, if you nevertheless find his judgments as to what is or is not acceptable to be arbitrary or inconsistent, just remember, this is his PRIVATE FORUM, and such decisions are his prerogative.

This is just off the top of my head and may be a little heavy-handed, but I think if people keep in perspective where they are and what their position here is, much of the carping about over- or under-inclusive rules or the fairness of treatment of different people falls away. If I had a dollar for every time I've seen net denizens complain about "censorship" and "First Amendment" because they can't do whatever they want on someone else's private forum, I'd be a lot closer to buying that F-car! :)

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think this thread ran it's course long ago. We'll put a few guidelines in place that are nothing more than common sense, but we're not going to have the overhead and headache of a Rule Book Tome.

We just need something in place for that small percentage that lacks a little common sense or are purposely being malicious.