Help:how to turn off front park assist | FerrariChat

Help:how to turn off front park assist

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Kanz, Jun 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kanz

Kanz Rookie

Jun 10, 2013
    Hong Kong
    I turned on the "stop and go" front park assist and now the TFT is stuck with displaying the front parking sensor bars when the car is stationary/slow speed, and when the car is in motion all I can access with the "display" button is "speed limit" setting. I no longer have access to the full menu please help me turn this off it's getting annoying with the alarm beeping whenever I turn on the engine to get out from my garage!

2. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I don't use the TFT menus to activate the front sensors - I press the overhead button on the windshield where the rear view mirror is mounted.

Anyway, your problems looks like a software issue. Maybe the software was not correctly installed when the car was set up. As with all software issues, when it doesn't respond or respond correctly you have to reboot.

I'd call the dealer and bring it in. They may have to re-install the software.

Gator and good2go like this.
  3. Fasthufi

Fasthufi Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 2, 2012
    Germany
    Hi,

that is no problem,
    you can access the menu only with the ignition on and the engine not running. You can change the behavior of the parking sensors then.

Greetings from Germany,

Guenter

Jasflora likes this.
  4. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    I agree with both gentlemen. I think configuring functionality via the TFT and dash buttons is disabled while the car is in motion, for safety reasons. You can disable the parking sensor beeping using the overhead button.

5. Kanz

Kanz Rookie

Jun 10, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Thx! Used the overhead button to turn off park assist without turning off engine, and once done the TFT menu reverts back to full option mode and from there I managed to switch off stop and go!

6. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    FWIW - I noticed this problem with my 2010 California and reported it to the dealer and to Ferrari (I had the business card from the California product manager from an event in Santa Monica) back in September 2009. To date, there hasn't been an update or fix. Just use the overhead buttons, as others have noted.

7. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    Increasingly, auto makers are letting you go less (i.e. no) configuration changes unless the car is stopped. Our GMC Yukon family hauler won't let you put a Nav destination in unless it's stopped.

Cali, FF and 458 systems for this are the same; in our case, I keep "Stop-and-Go" set to off and avoid the problem with the sensors. FWIW, our BMW has F/R parking sensors and it, too, has a button to deactivate. Pretty typical.

8. autone

autone Rookie

Jul 14, 2013
    Yes, this is an issue that still isn't resolved. Very annoying for the sensors to keep beeping even when the car is in P! and you can't change the display until you manually disable the parking sensors.

9. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hmm, I tried to allude to this in my original post. My car actually seems to have the front parking assist OFF BY DEFAULT.

It's off unless I press the overhead button. I'll check it again later today but I'm pretty certain about this because my original annoyance with it is that it does not come on unless I press the button, which is the way front parking assist systems should work to avoid them coming on when you drive in stop-and-go traffic, depending on sensitivity settings of the systems. My truck's system also works that way.

I find the Cali's front parking assist pretty iffy. It doesn't provide enough safety margin - perhaps it's not set up to be sensitive enough. When it beeps I have to immediately stop because I am already right up to the object. Luckily the car seems to have just the right clearance for the curbs I have encountered so far as I have found myself over them by a good 6 to 8 inches by the time I stopped.

10. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Just got back from my drive… love this car to bits. :)

Yes, my car's front parking assist definitely only comes on when I press the overhead button. So there must be a setup control whereby you can use to have it off by default.

11. Homerclese

Homerclese Rookie

Jun 16, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
  12. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    You are not helping SAVE THE EARTH?:D All of the green plants on the earth need some extra CO2 anyway, leave stupid stop & go off :)

Rick

13. Bywater

Bywater Guest

Jun 30, 2015
    i had this same problem of not being able to get to the TFT screens with the engine running and the park assist alarm going off. By disabling park assist via the rear view mirror controls was then able to deactivate park assist via the TFT.

14. mjbcswitzerland

mjbcswitzerland Karting

Jan 8, 2008
    Hi Guys

So happy to have found this - I just spend two days trying to turn the same thing off in a 458 Spider!!!!
    I activated the STOP&GO (although I actually wanted to adjust something else) just to see whether it could be useful - found no way to get into the SETUP menu again to disable the setting after the car started beeping crazily in the garage without driving >10mph and then no menu item is available. (SW bug - had I broken something...?)
    Studied user's manual and tried pressing/resetting with any button that I could find (stationary and at speed).

But, simple once one knows to turn it off in the roof instead - but I many have given up before finding it, if not for this thread!!!!

>>You are not helping SAVE THE EARTH? All of the green plants on the earth need some extra CO2 anyway, leave stupid stop & go of

Is this confiusing the STOP&GO with START/STOP?

Regards

Mark

Eyeman likes this.
  15. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    Problem is due to excessive paint on the front parking sensor...!
    Please remove from center circle of your sensor the excess paint and it will work perfect!

16. Wab0819

Wab0819 Rookie

Jan 1, 2017
    Thanks his works perfectly. That was very helpful. I wish only people that actually have Ferrari post. It people that give useless opnion with no clue. Again thank you he park and go was so annoying.

17. GFD

GFD Karting

Aug 24, 2014
    Northern California
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
    I had this problem and i was about to disconnect my battery to reset things, then I read this. I fixed my problem. I will sleep better tonite!

18. mjesq

mjesq Rookie

Dec 24, 2017
    Los Angeles
    This was extremely helpful as I was beginning to think there was some type of electrical error with my 458. Thank you!

19. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    I just asked this question in the 488 section.
    Seems like my sensors are defaulted to being "off" when I turn the car on.
    I would prefer that they be "on" so I don't forget to turn it on.
    Is there a way to change the default setting to "on" ?

20. Jasflora

Jasflora Karting

Sep 30, 2018
    Leeds United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Jas flora
    Thanks I have been trying for weeks to sort this out