Help Please! - My Testarossa starts for about a second then stops | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Help Please! - My Testarossa starts for about a second then stops

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by gfrench, Mar 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JJR

JJR Rookie

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    JJR
    Thank You Steve, appreciate it.
    BTW, which one would you prefer cis or efi?

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    EFI is always better performance-wise than CIS (because EFI has a lower intake air flow impedance, and EFI is much more controllable/modifiable), but you can't leave cost out of this equation. Putting a 512TR engine in a TR is going to require cubic $s and time -- IMO, you'd be better off selling the TR to one of the F parts dismantlers and buying a 512TR if you want EFI.

3. Pbetchner

Pbetchner Rookie

Apr 12, 2016
    New to this, I have a US 1988.5 F113a040 that only will run with the starter engaged. Once you move the key to the run position it dies. Thus just happen no warnings.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    First, confirm/deny if you have spark on both banks during starter motor cranking (if you have no 7-12 bank spark, you will get this symptom).

If you do have spark on both banks, see post #11 in the thread for how to investigate the tachometric relay operation.