HELP!!! RE:Malcolm Konner corvette? 1986. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

HELP!!! RE:Malcolm Konner corvette? 1986.

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by thecarreaper, Feb 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    There's a guy in Fl that rebuilds the ZF six speed, Kurt White, he's easy to find on the Vette boards. The Malcom Konner is a rare car, yes. Rare doesn't always mean desirable, however. They're great and all, but don't expect to get a huge markup for it. You can get a repo of the window sticker from the Corvette Museum, www.corvettemuseum.com

Ed

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i will post more pics when i can ( soon) thanks for the help. the first web site i sent the info to said they cant do " those" cars. i had to use the corvette museum, its $70.00 and takes 4 to 6 weeks. car will be on the net by next week, car will be cheap. i want a 308 and only spent the money to help a friend in need. i worked 14 hours, cleaned the intake plenum and changed the oil & filter. i will do a compression check for giggles when i do the plugs / major tune up. i dont want to piss ROB off so PM me about selling the car, this is not the place to post about it. i am not waiting for this majical window sticker. it seems to me the paint is the only thing special. i want a 308 so the garage has to stay ( almost ) empty. bandit trans ams come before vette's!!!!! thanks for the help. michael

3. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    sheesh the weather is yucky here today. pics will have to wait. no one seems to know / care much about the car. common response is " ive heard of it" ....

4. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    spoke with one of the Konner sons ( Ken).. he was very nice on the phone and suggested i speak with his brother Gary, which i will do tomorrow. car also has a a "1AZ" " modification stock order or sold order" the vin is VERY VERY EARLY. hell with the options, just as plain ole vette it may be a keeper till i find a 308. paint is " SPU" special 41 ( black) whatever the heck that means. thanks to all for the help and info. i will let this thread die unless i hear something cool about the car. window sticker will take 4 to 6 weks from the vette museum. thanks , michael

5. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    You might want to post a message in the C4 General section of www.corvetteforum.com. That forum is the 'monster' board for Vette enthusiasts. I think it now has almost 60,000 members. Surely someone will respond with desirability or ballpark value ideas.

BTW, the authority on the ZF transmissions is Bill Beaudrou aka ZFdoc. He's located in a 'burb of Phoenix. See him at www.zfdoc.com.

Brad

6. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    thanks BJS. will update later. michael