help troubleshooting headlight | FerrariChat

help troubleshooting headlight

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Testarossabear, Jan 12, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Testarossabear

Jul 28, 2022
    Orlando, FL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew Girges
    hello all,

my TR has after market head lights, I guess they're HID. they're nice I don't mind them....however recently my right headlight has been giving me issues.

no problem first couple months, then for a month the right headlight comes on a few seconds then shuts off...after a bout a month of that, miraculously they were functioning perfectly fine up until 2 days ago. been fine for a few weeks, but just started acting up again. super weird not sure where to start to diagnose the situation. can't get the car into the shop till another 10 days...been resorting to high beams if caught on the road past dusk. haven't gotten the middle finger yet but I'm sure I'm being cursed out by everybody merging out the way.

let me know your thoughts! thanks in advance.

2. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I would check the connector to the ballast and to the bulbs. That's the first thing I'd look for.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

3. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    You should think about installing relays for your headlights. It takes the hi current from your headlight stalk switch. Gives direct voltage from the battery to headlights. Look up Daniel Stern lighting tips on line.