Help With 2011 California Check Engine Light | FerrariChat

Help With 2011 California Check Engine Light

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by SPACE25, Mar 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPACE25

SPACE25 Rookie

Mar 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sergio Gonzalez
    Hello

I need help with a 2011 Ferrari California, the check engine light is coming on with codes P1013 and P0011, engine is running normal no weird noise or nothing. I check live data, for the bank 1 intake camshaft position, the actual angle position of the intake camshaft doesn't match with what the computer is requesting or required, all the others camshaft is matching, I check all 4 camshaft sensors with the oscilloscope, when I compare the bank 1 Intake with the Exhaust and bank 2 Intake with the Exhaust and I can see the same different on degrees between Intake and Exhaust in the bank 1, I did a running and cranking compression test with the VVT on and Without VVT in a 4 cylinders, 2 of the bank 1 and 2 of the bank 2 and the compression is the same on all 4 cylinders, which it mean to me the timing is not off, it make me thing the intake reluctor ring/wheel is off like move or something, I remove the valve cover in the bank 1 and the timing marks is matching on both camshaft in the right position also I remove the crankcase valve on the bank 2 and allowed me to see the timing mark int the intake camshaft and is matching too, I swap engine computers and intake camshaft sensors from bank 1 to a bank 2, has anyone had this issue in the past?

Here I attached some pictures
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wilson76

wilson76 Rookie

Oct 15, 2020
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Wilson Lim
    Hi,
    Did you manage to resolve p1013?

Facing same code recently when idling at traffic light.

thanks

3. SPACE25

SPACE25 Rookie

Mar 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sergio Gonzalez
    Hi

Yes, I replaced the intake camshaft phaser and it fix the problem

4. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Intake camshaft phaser, do you mean the Cam Variator for the intake camshaft?

5. SPACE25

SPACE25 Rookie

Mar 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sergio Gonzalez
    Yes the intake camshaft induction phase variator

6. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name: