Help with 355 purchase in Leeds /Harrogate area. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Help with 355 purchase in Leeds /Harrogate area.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Stuh, Sep 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Top , well done m8 ;)

2. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    I rang him today about my 355 and he was saying its a decent car. When I spoke to him he was trying to get to the bottom of a problem with the hood, did he sort it, or does it need doing?

3. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Will we be seeing you on some of the drive outs then ?

Rick

4. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Hope so, yes. I've taken the Noble to quite a few Pistonhead drives.......

Simon - Nothing i'm aware of re roof. Did you get deatils? Got me worried now!

5. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Trev will have fixed it then, told you he was a wizard

6. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    I'll ring him 2morrow to check!

He also noted a small oil seal leak on the near side cam cover. Said it was nothing to worry about as they all do it? Also that pads would need changing in a couple of k miles, what's the likely cost on this, is it something i should get the dealer to do prior to collection?

Just one more thing! Having gone through all the HPI details and paperwork this evening, i noticed that the mileage Trev logged for the check was 24k, as against the 22k as advertised. Should i be making a fuss about this to the dealer? Would 2k make any noticeable difference to the value, bearing in mind the price i'm paying?

7. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Stu, my cam cover seals were both leaking when I bought the car - it was about £100 for 2 seals, and £200ish labour.

Brakes I know that 4 x discs and 4 x pads are roughly £1400 - no idea of the breakdown of individual bits though - and if I was buying from a dealer yes I would expect for them to change them if only a couple of k miles left in them.

As for 2k miles discrepancy - well..... thats more mileage than some people do in 5 years with their Ferraris :) I think the price you are getting the car for is pretty good, so I wouldn't be overly concerned - would definitlely mention it and see what they say though.

8. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Cheers EK3R - just the info i needed!