Help with Carrera Heuer watch valuation | FerrariChat

Help with Carrera Heuer watch valuation

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Scotty, Sep 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Medical partner's FIL passed away recently--he liked watches, though this was likely his only good one. I'm hoping someone can give me a really rough guess as to appropriate valuation (like what a jewelry store would pay for it). No box, no papers, non-original strap--and short of the photo, no comments about condition. His wife is just looking for any easy quick way to liquidate it, but also doesn't want to get taken.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Island Time likes this.
  2. Bravo68

Bravo68 Rookie

Jul 23, 2019
    DFW, Texas
    A watch dealer told me that the general rule of thumb is 1/2 the original price for a watch in good condition. If it has a strap that isn’t from the manufacturer, it will probably reduce the value.

3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
  4. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Nice watch , I had one of these a few years ago and sold it , regret that

5. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    My gut is that she will be offered $1000. (1/3 of retail because they will assume it needs a full service.) My estimate is based on retail in Chicago on two register Heuer chronographs which tends to be around 3k. On flee bay she might get 2k