Help with Panera Ferrari California chronograph watch | FerrariChat

Help with Panera Ferrari California chronograph watch

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Crispydangler, Aug 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crispydangler

Crispydangler Rookie

Aug 20, 2018
    Edmond, oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Matthew morel
    Can anyone help me identifying if a watch I bought is a true Panera, or a replica? I have looked all over the internet and YouTube doing comparisons , but still not sure. It has a serial # F 66 56 BB. 1189278, also F A240/700. It very much seems to b a high quality watch, but after researching it seems like there are a lot of fakes out there. Also the glass on front has a bluish tint that catches the light very nicely. And there is a orange looking stone in the side dial that u set the time with, I forget what it is called. Any help would b greatly appreciated . Thank you .

2. Crispydangler

Crispydangler Rookie

Aug 20, 2018
    Edmond, oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Matthew morel
  3. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I'm not an expert but that looks like a knock off to me. Sorry.

4. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
  5. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    without seeing it in person it's pretty hard to say: you would need to open the back and post a picture, or a good macro of the subdial hands.

6. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    What does your gut say? You must have an idea since you are asking.

The cheap fakes have a subdial that doesn't do anything. The 9:00 subdial will usually be the seconds hand on Panerais. Markings of 12 and 6 on it do not make sense. Do the pushers work? Top pusher at 2:00 will start/stop the stopwatch function. Pusher at 4:00 will reset the dials. How is the quality of the knurling on the crown and pushers? From the pic you posted, the knurling looks not up to Panerai standards.

7. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    The crown on the one he posted is definitely not a Panerai crown. Looks cheaply made and rough.

8. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    The sub-dials on the watch posted are date (3 o'clock) and hours (9 o'clock). As as a joke gift, I got my wife a fake Ferrari Panerai. It's not this watch but pretty similar. I believe that's what the sub-dials do on the one I bought her. The "crystal" on this watch does not look like Panerai crystal. either. And, as mentioned, the crown and knurling looks completely off.

When you put my real Panerai next to the fake one I bought the wife, you can definitely tell the difference in quality on just about the whole watch. The fake does keep really good time, though.

TC94 likes this.
  9. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    If it is indeed a fake, at least you know Panera has good bread!

iloveferrari likes this.
  10. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    This is so good. I was like where was the "i"