Help with Simulator Set Up in Houston | FerrariChat

Help with Simulator Set Up in Houston

Discussion in 'Texas' started by joeracer, Jan 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joeracer

joeracer Karting

Oct 13, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe T
    I have a really nice Fanatec simulator set up that I want to run on X-Box and iRacing but currently it is not working on X-Box (don't know about iRacing). Basically, I'm too lazy to figure out how to make this work and am looking to pay someone in the Houston area that can come in get this all working. I literally want a turn-key deal - turn it on, sit down and drive, turn it off. I don't want to become a jr. software engineer. Ideally, I'd like to also use Oculus Rift or similar VR device instead of a TV/Monitor. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Joe

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Joe, for further help, can you post up which Fanatec controller and xbox you have?

I might have the same setup as you do, which is the older Fanatec setup which only works with xbox 360/pc/ps3, not the current line of consoles.

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    A word of.... Experience....

The best simulator experiences are ultimately going to require a level of tinkering and self sufficiency. I can appreciate the desire to use the check wrench, but if you pay someone to set it up for you, have them educate you on the challenges and solutions they apply at the same time. YMMV.

4. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Send me what you have and I will help you out.