Help | FerrariChat

Help

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by forgeahead, Apr 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    There is a beeping which continues for a while after I shut down. It is not typical. It continues when the cat s running. There are no warning lights illuminated. It has been on the battery tender until I took her put for a spin this am. No other obvious problems. I was planning to take her to dinner this evening but the continuous beeping is annoying and I wonder of something is wrong. It stops Asher about 5 minutes turned off but resumes if I open either door.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #2 TheMayor, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    Strange.

If I were to guess, I would say seat belt warning. Try to snap in the passenger seat belt and see if it helps.

The other thing is the remote. You may have the alarm on. Try turning the alarm on and off and see if that makes a difference. I remember once a valet gave me the car and accidentally hit the remote while the car was running. It made a similar beep. But, I turned the car on and off and it went away.

You may have an alarm problem.

Other than that, I don't have a clue. Time to give the dealer a call maybe.

3. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I did a hard reset, which seems to have cleared the incessant beeping. There is an easy screw release that may be finger turned in the passenger footwell to access the battery. There is a quick release for the negative connection. I disconnected the negative lead and left it off for 5 minutes. I then reconnected it. I turned on the ignition key for 30 seconds and then started it and let it run for 5 minutes. The presets needed to be reset, but it cleared it up. To give credit where credit is due, I was guided by a Ferrari mechanical expert. This may come in handy if somebody is stranded with an electrical gremlin as it requires no tools at all.

kandi and Sav35 like this.
  4. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Agree...sounds like there may be a problem with the seat belt alert. I'd take it to the dealer and have it checked out.

5. bkhko

bkhko Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2011
    HKG
    Full Name:
    Koby
    Ain't nothing like I.T.'s favorite solution to fix all... "turn off and turn back on again!"

SoFLFerrari likes this.
  6. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    mY 458 Does the same thing untill the key releases. I asume this is normal. The 458 has a lot of electronics not to mention an EFIs display actually two displays.

My car just came back from service and the dealer made no mention of it nor did I.

I would not worry about it. if your concerned you could call your dealer service rep.

The one thing I would not do is blindly follow advice on this or any forum. Alot of the advice is okay but there is alot of kids on it also. Great entertainment tho and fun thing to do on a rainey sunday afternoon

Good luck to you and enjoy your new Ferrari :)

Lee

7. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Yeah, the beeping was the same as when the key remains in the ignition but mine was out. It is normal for it to beep while the key remains in after the car is turned off and the door is opened. One gets to know the regulars on the forum with experience and a sound knowledge base. I have garnered a tremendous amount of invaluable information from reputable posters here. The forum is a great source of information. Nevertheless, like many things in life, one must be prudent in the application of that information, while determining its validity.
    Cheers.

Melvok, Sav35 and kandi like this.
  8. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL
    The hard reset worked for me as well. Had the car wrapped and the tech didn't wait long enough after reconnecting the battery and starting the car for the rebooting process to complete before driving it. Beeping was incessant. Checked that my proximity sensors were clear, seatbelt, on/off, top up/down. Hard reset - bingo!

Sav35 likes this.
  9. Sav35

Sav35 Rookie

Dec 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marcos
    I’m having the same issue with my 458. Picked it up from the dealer after performing maintenance, drove it 15mi without issue, and when I got back in the car it kept beeping at me. I drove the car around another few miles, turned it on and off a few times, beeping remains. The beep turns off after 5 or 10 minutes, regardless of whether on a tender or not. It beeps with the key out of the ignition, doors open, doors closed, engine on and driving, car entirely off, etc. I can’t determine what it’s resulting from, but seems to align with what others have said here.

I’ll try a hard reset when I get home, great suggestion everyone. Anything I should be aware of before performing the reset?

10. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Did you call the dealer that had done the maintenance and inform him about it ?

11. Sav35

Sav35 Rookie

Dec 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marcos
    #11 Sav35, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Yes, but they said they were totally stumped and to bring it in. If it’s something I can correct myself, I’m happy to try to do so beforehand. I’m a new Ferrari owner though, so am not expert yet by any means - bought my 458 Spider a month or two ago (5k mi, so don’t expect a ton of maintenance issues, but who knows).

I love this forum - some really great stuff here!

Melvok likes this.
  12. Sav35

Sav35 Rookie

Dec 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marcos
    Worked like a charm. I made sure the alarm was off (unlocked via remote), key out ignition, disconnected the negative "connection" to the battery, let it sit for a few mins, then reconnected the battery, left the key in Position 2 ignition for a minute. Took it for a 10min drive and everything was perfect.