Here is a more accurate sketch of the new 360 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Here is a more accurate sketch of the new 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by nberry, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
  2. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
  3. CAS

CAS F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Clint
    You're kind of an idiot, aren't you?

4. CAR Élite

CAR Élite Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    This pic is exactly what most of the guys from the european section already have seen "live". got the original here on my table...rennteam copied it. i do not think it was a good idea concerning the source (poor man), but some people think more about publicity than moral...

the original pic came out about 2 months ago, but nobody posted it because of the source's future at ferrari...now it's too late.

www.car-elite.com

5. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Personal Attack-- with the new regime you could get banned!

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I dislike the front bumper.

I hope it has enzo taillights.

If I bought it, I would put on a Stradale front bumper.

7. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    I like the (subtle) infusion of angularity, but I hope the rear end is sufficently reworked to distinguish it from the current 360.

8. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    You're right, it's a shame someone posted it. We should have treated it secretly and with more respect to Ferrari source.

9. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Well, this has probably happened many times before with other concept cars. There is always a way that we will find out.

10. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Well there are several people here who have had the picture and did not share it. I hope that nothing happened to the source.

11. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Same thing happened on the Corvetteforum.com

One of the designers leaked out photochops of the new C6 about a year before it came out, and we all took them for granted, saying "Nahhh..." Then he suddenly left and never came back, and we got a notice from GM saying that he'd been fired. Knowing Pininfarina, they wouldn't even give that notice, I'd say if it surfaced almost 2 months ago, then he's already gone--and that's one job I'd want to hold onto.

As far as the design, it looks like crap if you ask me. They left the all the clean lines and most of the forms of the current 360 and replaced the front end with what? A grille with a block in it? In the words of my friend, they should test drive the top speed of that thing off a cliff.

12. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    That sketch confirms what I was told by the FoW guys last I was there i.e. the 05 model will be a just a touch up of the current 360 with Stradale lines and a bit more power. The actual replacement is coming out around 07.

13. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Then they need to keep their eyes open for Stradale owners with pitchforks

14. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Though I believe it is important to protect sources, I question whether the person taking the photo had a serious concern over losing his job. Distributing a secret photo to friends and car enthusiasts in the age of the internet is either incomprehensively stupid or uncaring.

Ferrari is well aware that the car styling once completed and developed will be published well before it is formally announced.

15. ignacio

ignacio Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    annapolis md
    i believe that car companies encourage all this speculation--free advertising!!

i also think is WAY to early to draw any conclusions regarding these preliminary design drawings.

i think the leaker is more likely to get a bonus than a pink slip

16. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    It's going to be a modified 360 with a slightly redesigned front and rear end... ah la 308 --> 328.

17. 69stanger

69stanger Rookie

Nov 30, 2003

no way Ferrari is going to spend money on tooling, fabrication, machinery, and assembly for a car that will only be produced for two years before being replaced. I would like to believe it, but I doubt it.

18. Liquid

Liquid Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Doylestown, PA
    Looks like the 360 replacement is somewhat along the lines of the 308-328, TR-512TR, 550-575 updates. I'm sick of waiting for a re-design, I can't even imagine what it was like for all the Ferrari fans in the 80's dealing w/ the 308 design from '76-'89 & then after 14yrs. of waiting for a re-design you get the 348 which is basically a baby TR. Never really got something new until '95 w/ the F355.

19. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I would assume they will modify the side of the air intake. It just looks the same as the current model.

Agree with front headlights look like C GT

20. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I have strong reason to suspect that the air induction on the sides will be changed somewhat dramatically. They should be slightly bigger and a lowered on the body. In time we will know if that's correct, however, I feel pretty good about that prediction.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! You would have to be an idiot to believe that.

22. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Do you own their stocks??

23. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I don't think so, but he does drive a cow high on laughing gas :)

24. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Just wondering, do you feel the same about Lotus with their Esprit series and Lamb with their Countach-Diablo-Murci as well? The Porsche 911 series really hasn't changed that much over the years with their basic desgin silhouette either and even the new kid on the block, NSX has not really changed for the past 10+ years as well.

I am not trying to start a verbal war here, just simply curious.

25. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    To me that looks like a 360 Modena with Enzo lights on the front.
    Anyway I think we should still wait for something real to come out.
    Every pictures I see , is a 360 CS on Fiorano testing the new engine for the new car.