Here they are...Finally! 355 BONDO FIERO!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Here they are...Finally! 355 BONDO FIERO!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    LOL! Do you remember the "Adobe" spoof commercial from SNL? I just saw a rerun of it on Comedy Central and IMMEDIATELY thought about the 'ol bondo bucket Fiero!

DL

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I do! I had to do it! Too much Fun with that car. Now,I keep a disposable Camera in my cars,for the next one that I see. (Or,for when some clown in an SUV flies past me on a Snow covered road doing 65 MPH and spins out.) Which is happening tonite. We are getting some Snow,and too many overconfident selves with 4 wheel drive GOING FASTER,instead of slowing down. "Hey!!! Look at me!!! I got 4 wheel............(SMACK!!!!!).............drive."

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    AND.......I got a report from my Daughter today that she saw the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile out driving around in "Da Hood" today. Thats the 4th time that it's been spotted in my area,lately,so,it must be parking around here,somewhere. And,I WILL find it!!! Oh-ho-ho,Yes I Will!!! Will be having some big Fun with that!!!

4. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    No problem, but if we do, be aware that the Trojan Wars may reignite!

5. ezra242

ezra242 Rookie

Feb 7, 2004
    i registered on this forum just to check out these pictures.
    OH MY GOD. HILARIOUS.

came across the forum by google-ing how to apply bondo, of all things. haha.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Glad you enjoyed them. I sure got a lot of mileage out of that. Hey,they are on Google? Once again...ripped off with no Royalties!!!!:)

7. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Sheeez. This one's the best I've seen.

8. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    If anyone ever does T-shirts - I want one.

9. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    FerrariFrank1: Have you seen any more of the "Chicago Bondo"? I'm wondering how this project turned out. ???

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    A couple of months after the Bondo dried out, he drove it over a Chicago pot hole and it broke apart. And all the Fiero King's sickly horses couldn't put Humpty Bondo together again.
    :)

11. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Wish I had some pics, but I noticed while driving to a meeting that there is a similar attempt parked at Fremd high school in Palatine. This time its a red Pontiac Firebird made to look like a 308. Side intakes, grill, side streaks, some shields. It was not hard to notice because for some reason he felt he needed to occupy two spaces.

I don't really fault the work or the attept. Im sure in this Palatine sighting cases it is simply a high school kid who has a real love for Ferrari and trying his best to garner or replicate any experience he can. The thing I do not get is that he must subject himself to a lot of riddicule and challenges from the other kids in their pocket rocket M3s, Evos, WRXs and 350zs.

RocketBoy

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    At least these kids live in a society and a legal system that allows them to express themselves in these ways. Where I come from, they'd throw away the ignition keys if your steering wheel was half an inch too small.

Did I mention, that I love the USA?

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #63 FerrariFrank1, Apr 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    DumDUMdumDUMdumDUMdumDUM.......(Supposed to be the "Jaws" Music....:) Skip....please hold back.......:) )

It's BAAA-ACK!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Attention to Detail......Flawless!

"Stick-On" Reflectors as Taillights? RECKLESS!!!!!!

Artisan Craftsmanship with Common,Ordinary Bondo.....Tre Magnifique!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I rate this thread one of the all-time greats of Ferrari Chat. Rob, do we have a hall of fame (shame?)?

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #65 FerrariFrank1, Apr 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    No,but seriously,Folks....BadumBUMP! (A Rimshot....:) ) I have only seen it two other times since I captured it on Film.... Once,back in the same parking lot. The other,Cruising along on IL.RT.83,Northbound in Villa Park last Summer.

So,I will keep an eye out for it. Who knows...maybe it got painted,and now it's totally camoflauged...unrecognizable to the untrained eye.........:)

Glad you enjoyed it. I can't believe that it still lives on in Infamy.....:)

And....Maybe some day....when all of the Planets are In Line....I can get the Bondomobile Next to the Weinermobile!!!!!

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I realize the sight of the Bondoking makes one cry (weinen), but the Bratmobile is still a Wienermobile (Wien as in Vienna).

I like Dan's T-Shirt idea. We have the pics, now we need a good one liner. Anybody? OTOH I'm sitting in the GM glass house, so maybe I shouldn't be so cocky...Actually I should put the Vette next to the Wienermobile and call it wonders of fibreglass.

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,I am still stuck spelling Wiener as Weiner....I had a Teacher named Weiner,pronounced "WEEEEner".... And,after writing it on Papers so often,it just got stuck in me Brain.....:) (Even though we called him a "Whiner"...:) He was,too...)

But,you are definitely right about crying when seeing the Bondomobile!!!!...:)

18. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I tried, but I can't!

I believe the spelling should be: DumbDUMBdumbDUMBdumbDUMBdumbDUMB!! :)

19. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Wow - I didn't even notice that it had refelector stickers for taillights. That adds a whole new surreal dimension.

I wonder if any of us has an Officer friend who could run the plate or something and find the owner? He deserves to come to a show with us and get a ride in all the cars....

He at least deserves to know how famous he is. Would love to see a write-up on his car in Forza.

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Yes...EXACTLY what I was talkin' 'bout,Willis....:):):)

21. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
  22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    ROTFLMAO!!!!! Oh MAN! At what lengths people will go! A REAL Ferrari is not an unobtainable goal anymore. The same price as a Freakin' Loaded Mini-Van-the kind with all of the Crap in it so that it resembles nothing short of a Family Room on Wheels,that is....:) (Gotta have that Boxy "Comfort Zone"....:) ).....NAH!!!

Or,after a Zillion Dollars have been sunk into a Ricer....it's STILL a Ricer! And won't ever be anything more than that.....

23. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
  24. eurperules

eurperules Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    belgium
    Full Name:
    stijn quintyn
    LOL!
    i was actually laughing out loud while looking at these pics! my gf thought i went crazy, then she came, saw, and joined me in my 'pointing and laughing!'

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I have a soft spot for replicas, but these guys beat the cake. Proportions all wrong and worst of all: Not the power to back it up. A Fiero posing as a 308 is borderline, posing as a TR is a joke, but posing as a F50; you lost me.

BTW: Last week at the track there was one Fiero that drove circles around everybody. I didn't get a chance to look under its hood, but that was no Fiero four banger in there anymore. So in theory it could be done the right way, but trying to reach F50 levels is definitely a stretch.

It's 90% of the replicas that give the other 10% a bad name.