Here we are!!!!!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Here we are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Bob308GTS, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,hoping to see posts from everybody,so that we can all keep in touch. And,for drives,get togethers and such. This has been,I must admit,a great way for me to have met everyone. I've seen most of you at the FCA events,but,really didn't get much chance to really,"Chat". But,with this FChat,it's helped out alot,and has enabled us to get together for a few really nice drives. Hopefully,everyone who we've been keeping in touch with,so far,will make the switch. I posted a "Drive" for this next weekend,under,"More Drives?" if anyone is interested in going next weekend,WEATHER PERMITTING,of course! Just post under that thread,if you are interested,and we can figure out what time,where to meet,etc...

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    The new format of 'Chat' is giving me a headache, I may just drop out. In the future,post to me thru email!

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I agree with you,Skip. I think that he should have just left it as it was,and simply added the new features to the old format. Maybe,appealing too much to "Computer Nerds" than to Ferrari guys. But,who knows. I'm looking at the posts,and it looks like there are ALOT of other guys who feel this way,too. It's too bad,though. Because,obviously,they put alot of time,money and effort into this. And,for what it is,is a great site. But,like I said. I think that it now appeals more to the younger crowd that grew up playing video games and computers. More,"computer savvy" types. Not "Fossils" like us! I always have had more important things to do than to sit around my house and play video games,or surf the internet.Too much going on outside! Maybe this will open the door to a new,simpler Ferrari Chat type forum...like the old one. But,in the meantime,the only way that I have to contact you guys. I think that we should exchange E-mail addresses,so that we can still keep in contact. I don't think that I'll be on this site as much as I used to be,and,will go back to spending more time on the FCA chat site. Thats where I spent most of my Computer time before I found FChat. AND...they have Bill Badurski. Who is their Technical Guy,and who I think knows ALOT about Ferrari. Truly,an asset to me,as,like I told him once. He's the "man in the know". And,"I'm the man that don't know!" :)

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Frank, you can't just add features to the other software. Rob is using a standard package that has certain features or doesn't. If he wanted additional functionality he had no choice. But I believe his reasons were probably more to have something more hacker resistant.

Anyway, I changed my color settings to yellow/grey and use now WYSIWYG bar, improves things a bit.

If you check the other Chicago thread you'll see my first success with pictures.

5. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    I'm starting to warm up to the new look/feel, still way too much on the page. Hopefully as we move along Rob will enhance things to get it working faster, way too SLOW right now

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    All the new functionality is a big pain on dial-up. However with a fast connection things are really nice and I'm starting to enjoy some of the new functions. E.g. navigating the site is easier. Also I submitted my request to have my old count reestablished (see main page bottom) and I updated my profile (only a pic is missing). Things are slowly settling down.