HE'S BAAACCCKKK !! | FerrariChat

HE'S BAAACCCKKK !!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Steelton Keith, Mar 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Tiger, that is. Last fall 250-1 to win Masters. Couple weeks ago 125-1. Cash pours in (square money mostly of course) but numbers have dropped to as low as + 750. He singlehandedly turned the Valspar from "must ignore" to "must watch" golf (if you're a fan). He tees it up again this week at Arnie's tourney.

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Here's 2 bits, call someone who cares. :D

3. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Now Paul, just because you have another miserable snowstorm, and you haven't been out of the house in six months, and it got dark at 3:30 in the afternoon all winter, and it seems like opening day at Fenway will never get here (and will be 35 degrees and sleeting when it does) you have a cranky, anti-golf attitude? :) At last week's tourney, 40,000 more fans bought tickets because Tiger was in the field. NBC's ratings for the event were the highest for any non-major in 5 years....up about 600% year over year. Total handle for Masters running almost 2x last year's at this point. I'd say a lot of people care! And now, back to hockey.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I think that Tiger being competitive is good for the sport, just as long as he doesn't dominate like he has at times in the past. I don't see that happening this time; there are too many good young players and they all seem to have their ups and downs.

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Keith, I was a huge Tiger fan right up until the Elin incident. I never realized what a complete scumbag he was. Once that came to light, I don't care about him any longer.

6. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I know Paul. I felt the same way. My point in the original post was that golf is starved for personality driven stars. Tiger's comeback...if it continues, is compelling theater, and he moves the needle for fan interest like no one since Arnold. I do not root for Tiger, I just think it's a fascinating journey. The Masters this year will be riveting if Wood's health and game hold up.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    One other thing I didn't like about him even when I was a fan, was his poor sportsmanship.

I don't watch golf except for occasionally the final holes of a major. If Tiger is involved in any of these, I'll be yelling "MISS....MISS" as he putts. :D

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I don't really care for him too much, but as others said it would be better for the sport if he did well. It's kinda like tennis relying on Federer to keep ratings up. If Roger gets eliminated from a tournament, I stop watching. Roger recently regained #1 ranking in tennis, but Tiger has a long way to go to get to that level.