Hexis Bodyfence Vs Xpel PPF... what is your experience? | FerrariChat

Hexis Bodyfence Vs Xpel PPF... what is your experience?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by 350MH83, Nov 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Hi folks,

I am looking at options to apply some paint protection film onto my GTC4Lusso. Initially I wanted the Xpel Ultimate one as it seems to be the most common and proven one.

However in France it seems that PPF is still a marginal business, and I could only find one shop using Xpel. The shop closer to home (Bordeaux) uses a brand called Hexis Bodyfence. For the Xpel one, I would need to go to Paris and leave the car for a week, and the total price is close to 7000Euros. For the Bodyfence one, the shop is in Bordeaux, and the price is 3900Euros.

What would you guys do? Is Bodyfence as good as Xpel? If so, then it's an easy choice. If not as good, is the difference worth 3000Euros + the hassle of having to bring the car 600km away? (and the first leg of the trip will be unprotected)

Another option would be to go to Topaz in London. Price is 3600GBP + taxes so that's probably around 5000Euros, but it's even further to get from where I am! They dont use Xpel either though, they seem to have their own brand.

Thanks!

2. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Xpel is fine. I have it on 3 cars right now from two different PPF installers. The parts are pre cut to your GTC4Lusso body, so the install failures i.e. cutting your paint is very little.
    But there are some differences in overall install quality (inclusions of dust / dirt caused by a not properly done detailing job before the PPF install) which depends on the installer.
    I don‘t know Bodyfence but before a complete Xpel PPF I had 3M PPF on the front of my F12 which was mich more visible and not so high gloss than Xpel.
    I could highly recommend Xpel and nearly paid your mentioned price for a full car.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

350MH83 likes this.
  3. PhantomCypher

PhantomCypher Formula Junior

May 25, 2014
    USA
    I did Suntek Ultimate on the whole car PPF. I haggled the hell out of the installer and they used a pre-cut kit.

I regret that they used the pre-cut on the front bumper because it doesn't stretch all the way across the bottom so a scrape that I got could've been mitigated if it had better coverage.

350MH83 likes this.
  4. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I have clear wrap on all my cars and all previous cars. I was very particular about using Xpel initially. Now after many wraps I don't care anymore. Its all down to the installer. For special cars I have an installer that hand cuts every piece and his work is that of a "master". You don't see anything, however very expensive. On other cars I use another provider (who in fact uses Xpel) and they use templates. You do see the edges and you might get some "lift" in tight area's.

My advice, if you are very particular about this and a small lift or edge would really annoy you then go with the best recommended.

5. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    In France, many dealers use the same guy traveling from dealerships to dealerships to apply film.
    You can call Gauduel in Lyon and ask them the contact of the guy.
    About 2kE for all front of the car, air intakes and side skirts and mirrors on family 488GTB. Quality application, and warrantied by the dealer as sold by the dealer. I don't know the brand of the film applied.
    He might even be able to come to your home if you don't live nearby dealership.

On my end on my Ferro GTC4 Lusso in the US, I will have Xpel applied. It did a real good job on my FF through the snow, and really did not show many scratches after many many washes.

350MH83 likes this.
  6. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    On my FF, while intended to cover the full bonnet, there was about 5" left uncovered toward the windshield on the hood simply as Xpel did not have a film large enough to cover the hood with one piece. FF / Lusso are indeed particular designs.

I should have my Lusso cover in Xpel hopefully in the coming 2 weeks, which will give me the opportunity to see if they have new sheets sizes.

350MH83 likes this.
  7. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    My Lusso required a seam at the top of the hood as Xpel film wasn’ wide enough.

8. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Xpel or suntek. Nothing else available in the US comes close in clarity or longevity

9. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    I guess foils have not got better.

Does the seam show? Would you have a pic of where foils meet? Trying to factor what looks best. thanks

10. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Definitely agree that it's all down to the installer, with the best hand cutting every piece.

11. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Suntek Ultra or LLumar platinum (these two are the exact same film but repackaged) or Xpel Ultimate are the only films I would use.

350MH83 likes this.