Hey Rob Lay - So whats up with this BS? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Hey Rob Lay - So whats up with this BS?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Cherm, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I can't believe this thread. Started to read it and ended up with a headache.

Art

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    If that's your favorite site, why are you here?

3. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    Cherm, you made your point very well, everyone one on this tread and lots of others following it realize now that what Rob did has no legal ground and is moraly wrong.
    You even managed to convince Rob at it, as an evidence he diverted the **********.com URL to yet another Lambo site which to my understanding is not own by him, it might have been done somewhat in humor but shows progress and understanding by Rob, again good job.
    I suggest you to avoid all the unnecesary name exchanges with the earlybirds who use them us a cup of coffee, you made your point well now let them talk about their super Ferraris. After all it's Ferrari chat and we are guests here.
    BTW, weather Rob needs the $1k or not should not be the issue, many people here can use extra $1k in their account, doesn't make them anything less of what they are.

4. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    LOL!

5. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    He owns LamborghiniChat and now **********.

Allan is just pissed that HE did not have the mental fortitude to get it in the first place

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    A few quick points here and then time to put this thread to sleep…

1) Yes, I currently own **********.com.

2) Yes, I'm fully aware of cyber squatting rules.

3) There is actually a huge gapping legal hole that I believe gives me the right to **********.com and maybe more. I doubt it will come to that, but going to Hawaii from my perspective is a vacation. Going to Texas for Allan is visiting the home state of JRV! :)

4) In good faith under certain circumstances would I give the domain to Allan? Yes.

5) Has Allan officially asked me for the domain? No. Only threats about what he is going to do to me.

6) Has Allan registered domains similar to FerrariChat.com? What does the threat "paybacks are a *****" refer to? I would be dumb as hell to give up the domain now under those contexts.

7) Only reason this is noticed now, is because ********** wasn't pointing anywhere until less than a week ago. If it was that important to me for business reasons, I would have fixed the link long ago.

8) Why didn't Allan ask me offline? Why did he post it in a thread with an attention getting headline? Because Allan is doing the same thing he was when spamming our site early on. FerrariChat.com is much larger than his community and he is trying to get exposure for free.

Come on. This is simple. I know the laws, they may or may not apply. Anything I do is not offensive, but to set up a good defense when under attack by different avenues. Allan has yet again clearly shown his class and intentions through this thread.

Pointing LP to L-T is the funniest thing I've done all week. :D Stay tuned for your frequently rotating forwards. :) Recommendations are accepted. If Allan wasn't a jerk, if Allan wasn't making threats, if Allan wasn't looking for free exposure, then Allan would have this domain.