Hey Texans, who's going to San Antonio? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hey Texans, who's going to San Antonio?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jimpo1, Apr 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Yep, I won't either. My tank only takes 16 gallons even my gauge looks empty. Highest I went was 24X miles.

Vlamgat, I'm sure you'll enjoy driving your F w/ Rob!

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I should be able to go 250 miles on a tank. My gas mileage is pretty good at 13-17 on the highway.

3. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Hey we only have to get past Austin in one swoop. That's about 220 is it not?

4. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I think so, or maybe more. All I remember from last trip w/ M-B ML430 to SA, we had to stop for gas twice for one way. The car pulled about 300 miles for 18 gallons normally, so I was very surprised.

But I maybe on dope as I may be mixed this memory from New Orleans trip??? Sorry I'm too old to know this as facts!

Either way, you 2 will enjoy the drive, and if you run out the gas, you have a partner for help. Ideal Ferrari trip, I think.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    About 200 to Austin and 280 to San Antonio.

6. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#31 maranelloman, Apr 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Cool - I think we'll just head out there Sunday morning for the show. I have 6 friends/future family in from Denmark and this would be perfect. We're in Houston now, and I took some of the Danish crew out last night to try out a Z06, NSX, and Supra twin turbo and they had smiles from ear to ear. We'll be in SA Friday night, and it would be great to show them rows of Ferrari's. Cars in Denmark have about 300% tax, so they don't get to see and experience stuff like this.

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Wow Dave! I thought Challenge racers were supposed to be gentlemen.

ps I suppose that you will be getting there early, yes? I plan on rambling around though Bellville/Fayetteville/La Grange/Smithvile/San Marcos/Wimberley/Canyon Lake/Borene. No super slabs for the Shark.

9. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Have a cold beer waiting for me Dave, I'm going to need it after the drive.

10. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Yeah, we have a meeting of the folks organizing & putting this event on at 1:00, so Mrs. Maranelloman & I will arrive then. Jim, will do!!!

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Check out this great news. Does anyone know of any good posters or prints Piero was on? All I have is book pics or maybe I can get a digi with him and print really fast to get signed.

Buon Giono Ferraristi!!

Great News - A South Central Region First - Brought to you exclusively by the magic of the Ferrari Club of America!!

Mr and Mrs Ferrari and their son will be participating in Fiesta Ferrari San Antonio. Yep, you will get to meet them and get their autographs on Friday evening; have your picture taken with them. Be able to impress your friends. Who else do you know who has meet these wonderful and unique people? Most of all, please extend to them a warm Texas Welcome! They have come a long way, just to be here with us.

[No, I'm not kidding!!]
    [Please don't bury me with email questions; all will be made known to you in the spendor of the San Saba Courtyard of the Westin La Cantera Resort]

Buon Viaggio a San Antonio,
    Alberto

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Whats this about La Grange? Making a special stop are you Dr Tax? (Hint, Hint, wink, wink?);)

j/k :D

Have fun everyone, I wish I could attend but I'm way too busy up here in DFW.
    Be safe.

13. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Ok, what's in LaGrange?

I saw that email too Rob, I was thinking I might just take one of my hats for him to sign. I just bought both of my boys hats, maybe I should have them signed instead? Pretty cool. I wonder if/what he'll drive in the rally?