Hi! 1st post here , having paid the 1st advance for a new Ferrari. | FerrariChat

Hi! 1st post here , having paid the 1st advance for a new Ferrari.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tommygun64, Nov 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    #1 tommygun64, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    I took the plunge and paid the 1st advance for a new Ferrari. (I have a Maserati Quatroporte Q4 now).
    I chose the Portofino instead of a 488.
    My dream was always to be able to buy a Ferrari.
    I thought I would go with a used older one, first it was the 360, then the 430, then the 458, then I started thinking I might make it to get a new one, the 488 then.
    Then came the time that I had to think for real about buying a new one and it was just about the time the Portofino came out.

Reality kicked in, this one I would be able to drive a lot more, cruising around and enjoying, top down if the weather and the mood was there, or with the hard top up being not lesser than a real coupe.
    And most important, my wife would not hate it as much as a claustrophobic loud hard ride like the 488.
    And it is way much more beautiful than the California. Actually to me it seems like a convertible 812.
    And it has all the new stuff inside, the infotainment, the passenger display, whereas the 488 interior is much like a 458 and that is already 10 years old. And going to be replaced soon by a fully redesigned model.

So when I had to make the real life decision, I thought more practically and decided for the Portofino. I hope it all goes well. I guess the long waiting time and the anticipation is also a part of the Ferrari experience. :)

Now I have extended my dreaming into deciding what would be the perfect future scenario: being able to top this off sometime with adding a 458 and a 550. Getting a mid-engine sports car for the track and that would be the last NA V8 (which I have actually driven briefly once on a track). And an affordable V12 experience and the gated shift experience together in one package. Hopefully both still being affordable and me being able to pull this off. Dreams never stop. :)

lee-o likes this.
  2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Keep those going.

tommygun64 likes this.