HI GUYS! 1986 328 GTS | FerrariChat

HI GUYS! 1986 328 GTS

Discussion in '308/328' started by MAGNUMPIWANNABE, Jan 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MAGNUMPIWANNABE

Jan 18, 2008
    DO YOU FELLOWS KNOW THE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF THIS CAR? FOR EXAMPLE THE QUATER MILE TIME, THE HORSEPOWER, WEIGHT, ECT... I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP!! HOW IS EVERYONE? GOOD CHRISTMAS? THANK YOU ---DON

2. rtking

rtking Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bob King
  3. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The specs posted above are for Euro cars and the weight is a dry weight.

From my US 1989 manual, curb weight is listed at 3170 for GTB, 3190 for GTS.

The 5.6 0-60 time comes from C&D but no one else duplicated it. R&T had 6.0 in one test and 6.7 in another. Most 1/4 mile times are mid 14's. It's quick for a 1980's car, downright slow by today's standards.

Dave

4. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    It may be slow by todays standards, but the feeling of being so low to
    the ground, no driver aides, and engine note, make it feel alot faster than
    it's going. Once your'e up to speed it's even better. Now drive one of the newer
    cars, sure they're incredible fast but somehow different, not better or worse,
    just different. My one main complaint with the new Ferraris is that they're not
    as low to the ground as before. I guess that's what happens with the ever
    increasing waist sizes around the world.

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    3140 and 3170, respectively, for the 1987 USA 328 models, per my manual. Stick with the early 328s if you're a speed junkie! ;)

That's my complaint with pretty much all modern cars, actually...

Back to the OP: the most interesting sports car/time warp comparison to make in 2008 is between the Porsche Boxster and the Ferrari 328. Power ratings are very similar (245hp Boxster, 260hp 328), configuration is similar and they're similar in size. Porsche claims a 0-60 of 5.8 sec for a manual gearbox Boxster, which is 0.2 sec better than R&T's 328 0-60 time.

They also happen to be about the same price now ($50K gets you a nice but not great 328, and $50K puts you in a nicely equipped base Boxster).

So, yeah, a 328 has been out-gunned technologically for a long time (maybe even when it was new), but I don't think of it as an obsolete car from a driving perspective. Modern car buyers are paying 328-like prices for a Porsche that really doesn't leave the 328 gasping in its wake.

(And of course it still looks like an automotive centerfold 20 years later...)