hi there, I'm new here and I'm interested in a 308 Dino... | FerrariChat

hi there, I'm new here and I'm interested in a 308 Dino...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BladeLawless, Sep 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BladeLawless

BladeLawless Rookie

Aug 30, 2004
    not looking to buy right away, just trying to figure out what the issues are with a 308 Dino...I've always said before I die I have to own a Ferrari. I'm not rich so its going to be either a 308 or a 308 Dino. I'm attracted to the Dino mainly because of the price I've seen them go for and the 308 seems the next step up. When I do get it it will not be a daily driver, and I'm not intimidated to work on it myself. If anyone here can give tell me what the known issues are with these two models, the best years of these models, and any advice for a first time Ferrari owner, I would greatly appreciate it...thanx in advance.

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Welcome to the family, hope you enjoy it. If you look into the archieves sections you will see it has been discussed. But, with that, I give in my .2cents. As with any fcar buy the best you can afford, sometimes if its price based the car may have more long term issues that will rack up bills more than if you would buy a different car. The 308 in general you will find that rust is the major factor.

Most 308s by niw have had there bugs worked out, but it will be really hard to find a trure car, because clocks were easy to pull, so buyer beware. ENd of the day, buy what you love, and take your time. Took me 4 yrs to find my car, and I thought I could not afford a TR, but its been 5 yrs now and its not as bad as others reported. Have fun and ask all the questions you wish, great bunch of guys with honest feedback.Cheers.

3. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I agree with Rick (aka Big Red), but I'll add that there are still many garage queens out there and they'll have bugs that'll need to be worked out before you can drive the car for any serious length of distance. As was the case with my car. In some ways, I was in the same situation as you BladeLawLess; little cash, alot of desire to own an exotic and being in the right place at the right time. I had seen my GT4 a few years prior to when I bought it, so I knew it was around and back then, it needed TLC. I put alot of work into it and I have a really nice car now.

Take your time and search the archives and even some current articles here for what to look for in a 308 - there's plenty of it. You may email me too if you'd like to talk about Dino GT4's:

[email protected]