Hip LA Hotels: Help! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hip LA Hotels: Help!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by karmavore, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Seems like the leader is the W. I stayed there, nice location just a little walk to westwood village for pizza and one block south of the nicest stretch of sunset. That road is my favorite urban street in the world. What a blast driving that everyday. Great views out the windows and quiet enough for a godd sleep but the damn mattress was too soft. Had a nice little bar.
    T

2. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    There is an inverse relationship between "cool" and a high level of service, in my experience. The old guard "cool" hotel is still probably the Bel Air. I know alot of people rave about the Chateau Marmont, but to me, it borders on the scary/depressing. The 4 Seasons in Beverly Hills is famous for the level of service provided to regulars and it is very low key; the Penisula a little too Nancy Reagan for my taste, although the physical plant is nicer than the 4 Seasons. The Beverly Hills is a fairly big hotel, nice rooms, service not at quite the same level, but its an icon.

I stay away from the newer, hip hotels. Staying in something like the "W" is exactly what i don't want. The punchline at places like that is usually "She's not good looking enough to be THAT stupid."

Oh, yeah, almost forgot. Alot of folks like Shutters in Santa Monica.

3. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Peninsula down in Beverly Hills, rooftop pool... nice when warm... and
    centralized.

I lived in LA for four years. When I went back to visit friends I always stayed at Regent Beverly Wilshire, however one night at the Peninsula hooked me forever. Truly luxurious. Try the signature massage with two female therapists
    at the same time. Totally decadent. I call it "massage-a-trois". (and no, don't even think about asking for a happy ending!).