History of the Cizeta V16T | Page 18 | FerrariChat

History of the Cizeta V16T

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Jet-X, Mar 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Aah in Malaysia now.
    Thanks for the info.

2. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Cizeta fans keep an eye out in the coming weeks. There will be an exciting announcement for any model collectors!! :)

3. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Also rumors circulate of another Cizeta potentially escaping from Brunei. Guessing it will also have the unfortunate drivetrain swap.

>8^)
    ER

4. 400GT4doors

400GT4doors Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Vigo, Spain
    Yesssssss???
    Years of waiting have ended?
    Keep us informed, please!

5. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    ;) you will be happy.......

6. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I am pretty sure that all 3 Brunei cars are accounted for. There is the black car at the Marconi Museum. The other black car in pieces that was to my knowledge, last know in Belgium. Then there is the blue car that was / is available for sale. Unless it is the blue car you refer too?

7. Playboy V12

Playboy V12 Karting

Aug 23, 2004
    The Gardens
    Curious about driving impressions in case I missed it in this thread?

A dual Ferrari 328 motor, correct?

8. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Offline I discussed this with Jet-X and it does seem that this must be the car that could be available. He was under the impression it had never been delivered to Brunei though. I haven't seen photos of it but am aware of some other special cars making their way out recently.

>8^)
    ER

9. basman007

basman007 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    EU
    Full Name:
    Basman
    I dont think I ever found more than 1 blue and 2 black cars. The blue one has been offered for sale quite alot in recent years. The last time it attended an event was 1-2 years ago.
    If you hear anything more you know where to find me :)

10. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Only one in blue ever built, and was one of the last to be built. I'm skeptical it was for Brunei given that 1) was delivered so late compared to the first two and 2) the first two for Brunei (both black) seems to have been withdrawn from use and sent to Pininfarina by then.

11. Claudio Z.

Claudio Z. Rookie

Dec 30, 2009
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Claudio Zampolli
    Don’t believe anything from BI (B= Brian-I=Imposter) The white prototype, many years ago Giorgio put the car for sale @ $5. Mil. Then he changes his mind since he keeps for his son when he will be (age) ready to drive. As for the Indonesian Cizeta is not “hiding” as “B.I.” put it. Since I am in touch with the owner, and the car is well in his car collector building. The B.I. should stop misleading readers and discontinue pretending being a Cizeta expert, because is not, but for sure, he is just a mega B.Ss. and a mega thief of my photo archive and a mega manipulator! Claudio

12. vectorfiles

vectorfiles Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    The Belgian car was sold at the Padova auction years ago and is now with a German owner I just spoke with today.

13. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Will he be restoring it?

14. basman007

basman007 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    EU
    Full Name:
    Basman
    Hello Claudio,

I'd love to see that white Cizeta in all it's glory. Can you show us (or send me in a private) some photo's of what it looks like now?

I've only seen the car in it's dirty "hiding" condition and was afraid it would only get worse. White is one of the best colors for the Cizeta...

15. 400GT4doors

400GT4doors Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Vigo, Spain
    All in this thread would love to see pictures of the car...

16. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Correct Sir.😃

17. Julien1A

Julien1A Rookie

Jun 17, 2010
    Wow... Went through the thread, there are some intenses discussions...

However I very much think there is a lack of respect for someone who delivered such an amazing car! When I was a teenager this car made me dream. I also remember seeing a small ad for a cizeta to sell from a Belgium owner. I was just amazed how it did look good and even in the details! And a V16! Not another corvette's v8!

Ok Claudio might have a dark side too, in French we say that all genius do... But from what I read, we are talking about $100k from the Japanese importer who owns an amazing car collection... I would say so what! Everyone know that dealing with boutique super car manufacturer implies risks, and don't tell me someone who made enough to offer one is not aware of it. So is it true or not... I would say for this amount for this person who cares! He damned created a Cizeta! Before and after that he was a garage owner... Well, we all had issues with our mechanics. Some people might have something to complain about with Claudio... Fine. Moroder, again who invest in a super car manufacturer unless you want to gamble. And simply Scarface royalties are probably paying all his bills and even more.

Porsche was dealing with Hitler, Ferrari has killed more drivers than any other team... Because of Enzo behavior, Dassler brother created Adidas and Puma after falling apart over their Nazi background, De Lorean & FBI, Bill Gates reverse engineered the DOS product, it took ages to Steve Jobs to recognize his daughter, Zuckerberg's Facebook was originally ordered by someone else, Nike screw the intern who designed the Swosh... It is endless...

There is no big story without a dark side, and that is actually why it is a good story!

Ps: I have seen a picture of a Cizeta in bare metal in backyard in Caifornia... Cannot find it anymore... Anyone has it?

18. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Julien, intriguing first post and comments. Welcome, I'm just a hack who loves cars and enjoys fchat forum. Amazing cars and owners here.

19. Playframe King

Playframe King Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2010
    UK
    Friend of mine interviewed GM about 18 months ago - about music - I asked her to ask him if he still owned one - and he does...

20. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Lurking for almost 6 years on Fchat, that's a lot of self restraint!

21. 400GT4doors

400GT4doors Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Vigo, Spain
    Hi, Alan. Any new about this?

My birthday is coming!!

:)

22. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Yes the announcement should come in the coming weeks ( it was put back by around two months, hence the delay)

23. 400GT4doors

400GT4doors Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Vigo, Spain
  24. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Ok I don't think its official yet, but there have been leaks on the internet so I guess its ok to say that after taking around 2 years of convincing them and putting them in touch with Claudio.

I am proud and thrilled to announce that Frontiart will be bringing a 1/18 Cizeta V16t to the model market!!!!

FrontiArt Model Co.,Ltd

I do not know if it will be an opening model or not, I'm guessing closed but we will have to wait and see.
    Just wanted to share the great news!! Thank you Claudio for agreeing to licence your amazing creation, I have been dreaming of this model since 1989!! and finally took matters in to my own hands as it seemed nothing would ever come.

I Cant wait to see it. I have reserved model number 1 for myself. :)