History (pre owners) of my vintage Ferrari needed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

History (pre owners) of my vintage Ferrari needed

Discussion in '308/328' started by in-dino-veritas, Mar 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    FOIR is not a blanket, covers-every-single-iota-of-infomation mechanism.

In Florida (for example), "I just want to know who owned this Ferrari" wouldn't qualify.

2. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Mechanic and legal expert. Wow.

3. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    One of my cousins (by marriage) imported 'Grey Market' Ferraris into the USA (Bay Area, California) in the 70's and early 80's.

4. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Ron,

If 'it' is anything Ferrari for the past 30+ years MINIMUM, Brian has 'Done It,' 'Lived It' or 'Knows It,' First-Hand.

His breadth and depth of experience is superior to the VAST majority and by far GREATER than Most.

Don't let his 'Warm & Fuzzy' disposition fool you. ;)

Just a friendly 'Word to the Wise.'

5. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I didn't question his knowledge on turning wrenches. I questioned his incorrect legal opinions.

6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Don't you know the laws regulating what you do for a living?

7. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    Mike, I found the same thing in my service booklet...name address and all. I Googled him and discovered that he was a famous banker in the early 80's who embezzled millions of dollars from clients, got indicted, went on the lam for a few years, and was apprehended and jailed. My 308 was one of his Ferrari's.

I thought to contact him since he's still alive but under the circumstances, I didn't think it was a good idea;)

CL308GTB and miketuason like this.
  8. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    If they ever make a movie about this guy maybe my car will be worth more money;)

9. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wow! Your car has an interesting history. You should call him and say you found a million dollars stash in the 308 and you want to know if it belongs to him? LOL!

bertrand328 and Formula Uno like this.
  10. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Apparently you do not. I posted that I received info from the DMV and how to get it if they didn't respond. Legal advice is clearly not in your profession. Stick to wrenching.

11. trs666

trs666 Karting

Apr 17, 2014
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tommi S.
    The first owner of 59003 was easy to find, this sat on the drivers side doorpost towards front. Mailed him and he told he traded it for a Testarossa 1986.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Indeed ! All Swedish cars ( from this importer ? ) have a sticker like this ? I never saw that before, even I don't see many Swedish

13. trs666

trs666 Karting

Apr 17, 2014
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tommi S.
    Europeiska Motor AB was the Swedish importer back then, now they have Toyota! Autoropa has Ferrari now here.
    I do not know if they put the sticker on all cars, probably so. How many remain is another question.
    Can ask the owner of another -85 GTS car here in Gothenburg that was sold by Europeiska Motor if it also has the sticker when i meet him.
    By the way here you can get copies of all official documents from state archive so when i bought mine i send them a mail and got the full history.
    ///TRS

14. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    I checked Ferrari "sale & service organization" books from 1985 to 1990 and Europeiska appears as official dealer at that time but the Swedish importer is noted as being AB Maskinaffarën Pëhrsson.
    I haven't any information before and after this period

15. trs666

trs666 Karting

Apr 17, 2014
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tommi S.
    Googled a little and you are probably right, Maskinaffären Perhsson seems to have been the General Agent to 1987 anyhow. Found this broschure for sale.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Got an answer of the other -85 GTS here in Gothenburg and it does not have the first owner sticker now. Removed or never existed we do not know.
    It is the car which first owner was tennis player Björn Borg.
    ///TRS

bertrand328 likes this.