HK Exotics spotting | Page 4 | FerrariChat

HK Exotics spotting

Discussion in 'Asia' started by ApeGen, Feb 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Buses are a serious problem because:

1. Empty buses are running on top of MTR lines. That is beyond madness
    2. There are too many buses for the available stops creating traffic dangers
    3. The overall scheme of rail/bus/minibus is not utilised in a rational manner

HK government is really letting us down

2. AC6

AC6 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thanks for the advice mate, and I do agree with being careful on public roads. Havn't done ZIC before, too much hassle and too costly to get the car to China; not to mention rather time consuming. Neither do I have a track-friendly car in HK. Did do a lot of tracking back when I was in the UK though - I miss those days, definately better than Shek O no doubt!

3. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Indeed quite awhile ago as the Porsche GT3RS is now a white Gallardo spider with white wheels! Definitely not my cup of tea...

Nice pics tho, keep'em coming :)

4. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    +1

5. taipanli

taipanli Rookie

Dec 15, 2007
    You should tell John to organize a Ferrari golf day :)

6. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    FOC has 1 Zhuhai track day per year. Drive your own fcar to Zhuhai, 2 days on the track and drive back to Hong Kong. Minimal hassle. You can also rent Japanese touring cars at Zhuhai or take a Formula introductory course. Also big fun to rent a motorcycle on the track if you ride. It is not costly or a hassle to ship a car to the track, leave it there for up to 6 months and ship it back. A track-friendly car is required for that purpose. You can take the 8:40 ferry to Zhuhai, do 3 or 4 sessions and come back on the 6pm ferry. Very easy and no more time consumming than a day of golf

7. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Ferrari had a golf day at Fanling last year. Not sure if they are doing another one this year since they spent a lot on the JB Classic. Will let you know if I hear of anything

8. taipanli

taipanli Rookie

Dec 15, 2007
    So many corporate/sponsored golf days in HK now. The best is of course the HK Open Pro-Am or the Monday invitational after the Open.

9. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Outside Maybach showroom today, Richard in his Champagne 612 :)

10. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #86 ApeGen, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just snapped this half an hr ago, thought its rather cute...

Europa paying a little tax :)

Never understand why ppl like to park there
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. f1challenger

f1challenger Rookie

Feb 26, 2008
    What? Tax? I thought you should call that 牛肉干 "Ngou Yog Gone" overthere...

12. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    I often park in front of pret if I need to do a swoop for some DM18 fuel! Need to be quick or can have the same problem as Europa! That is a really dumb place to park and leave the car

13. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    LOL. Thats exactly my point, why would ppl park right outside Lee Garden instead of those few streets that are parallel to Pret? Thats just idiotic to me. But then the cops were all over the area tonight, so theres no chance of running away; lucky i didnt drive :)

14. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Black Enzo and GTR together on Eastern Corridor around 10:15am heading Taikoo direction, believed to be the black cars/wheels family, not sure though as I couldnt see the wheels with a truck in the way :(

Sorry no pics either as I was driving in a suit going to Four Seasons for a wedding :)

It was a bit disappointing at the Four Seasons, for the whole day, only a handful of cars worth mentioning..
    - 2 GTRs
    - blue 360 Spider
    - black 430 coupe
    - Black Gallardo
    - Silver Maser GS
    - Pearl White Maser QP (Beautiful!)

Hopefully i can get some good pics next time

15. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    The Bianco Fuji QP must be my old car. It is the only one in HK. Black interior, tinted windows, sport GT auto. Fantastic car.

16. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Why let her go? :(

Love them Sport GT wheels, that car is such an eye candy.

17. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Ive seen that car twice here recently once with a standard HK number plate and once with a personalized plate. Its gorgeous.

18. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Sport GT wheels are beautiful and my old car has silver calipers which looked fantastic IMO. Found QP a bit big as a run around car in HK - I park in lots of difficult carparks - a fact of life in HK as you know. It is a long car. Did not use it very much except for going out for dinner. Valet parking at Four Seasons is a perfect QP outing! For my driver prefer a 7 seater.

19. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Indeed hard to be a run around car in HK, a pity really.

Thats why I love my hatchback as a daily :)

20. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It still has vanity plates on it :)

21. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Same. Although the Evo X might take over :):):)

22. AC6

AC6 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Hope you didn't get the SST! Rumour has it that it is rubbish and they stopped production.

23. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    I got SST, release was delayed while some bugs were fixed and I am super impressed. Shifting is fantastic. Makes GTI seem primitive and I was mighty happy with that DSG box. I have no intention of tracking the car - I also got the Rockford Forsgate stereo with subwoofer, leather interior, BBS wheels, big brakes, suspension and sunroof. Car is super solid.

24. AC6

AC6 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Glad to hear they fixed them bugs. Sounds like yours arrived already then, thats pretty early delivery. What colour did you get mate?