Holiday Christmas Bonus: Do you give or get them? | FerrariChat

Holiday Christmas Bonus: Do you give or get them?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Dec 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Just seeing how many people who are employees receive holiday / year-end bonuses. If you are an employer, do you give them? Any amounts you care to share?

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    With the clerical people, I give 2 weeks pay as a bonus. With regard to the salespeople... it depends on their individual productivity.

DL

3. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I gave each of my employees $500. Its been a profitable year, everyone has done their job well and things have run in the manner I desire. So what the heck, a little bonus to help with Christmas.

Terry

4. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Every year I try to receive at least $20 from EACH Ferrarichat member! Mail early to avoid the rush and get your contribution to me in time for Christmas! If you are hesitant to contribute, just ask yourself this question: What Would Enzo Do?

5. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    TO MY INSIDE PEOPLE....1 WEEKS PAY........

TO MY SALESMAN..........NOTHING....I TELL THEM ,THEY SHOULD BE HAPPY TO CARRY MY LINE........

TO MYSELF, NOTHING.....I HATE SHARING WITH THE I.R.S......

6. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    BRUCE: That is generous for your inside people. I agree with you that the field people should not get a bonus. A good field person should make 5-8X per year of an inside person (along with the perks that go along with being a field sales person). If there is nothing for you, maybe you need a new accountant!

7. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    PETER..........MY SALESMAN GET 10% ON GROSS, WHEN COLLECTED, AND A SMALL BASE PER WEEK TO COVER THEIR GAS, LUNCHES, WHATEVER.....MOST SALESPEOPLE GET 5-8%

I TAKE CARE OF MYSELF, DURING THE YEAR, MY OWN WAY :)

INSIDE PEOPLE, I HAVE NO CHOICE, THEY ARE ALL FAMILY RELATED :(

8. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Since they are family, I trust they are all in your will!

9. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    MY WILL ..COST ME 100.00 TO DRAW UP

IT STATES " ALL TO WIFE "

10. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    used to get a xmas bonus..... havent seen one in 4 years. been there almost 6 years. i am grateful i have a job, but i did get my FAA airframe&powerplant license finally so if i get canned i can pick up the phone and work almost ANYWHERE! back to grindstone to finish at embry-riddle. xmas has not been fun for me in years.
    edit) happy holidays and best wishes to everyone else!! may you all get big bonuses! ( sorry for the the humbug)

11. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've neither had nor paid a Christmas bonus.

12. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Being a self employed artist, I only hand out bonuses to my employees at the completion of a large scale commission which could range from $300 to $500, depending on the size of the commission.

13. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    For Corporate IT monkey types like me, usually 5-6.5% of base salary, which I think is pretty good for a non-Sales/commission based system.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :D

14. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    My bonuses are based on my tenure. This year I got 4.5% of my base, next year it will be 8.7% of base.

15. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Christmas bonus? HA! I got jack sh*t & jack left town. When I got may paycheck there was a letter from the owner of the company wishing me a MERRY CHRISTMAS & also there will be no company Christmas party.

16. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Solipsist...If your company is going through rough times, you should go to your boss and tell him that you are a team player and will work diligent in '04 to improve the company's bottom line so a bonus can be paid. If the company is doing well, you should march into his office and tell him (or her) what a tight &^%&^H*##@_N@!)_@)(NN@)_*&&&@%^^#(#%@(*@))_&@^#%%$%&#*#*@^#@^%&@! they are!

17. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    No Christmas bonus for 3 years...in fact, last December, we all got a 5% pay reduction to help keep the company afloat...then we find out all of the execs fly first class because "they didn't want a customer to see them in coach and assume the company was financially unstable."

18. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    "they didn't want a customer to see them in coach and assume the company was financially unstable."

LOL!!

19. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    That is the biggest pile of BS I ever read! Any customer that see's an exec in coach will probably look upon them as being careful with their money. That's the kind of company I would do business with (But I still fly business class for health reasons!)

20. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I was wrong. It will be between 14-15% this year.

I moved to a division that was not receiving the bonus. That suddenly disqualified me from the entire year I put in the division that received it as it stands right now.

There's some things to be worked out with Payroll if I'm still "eligible." I bloody well should be! I put in my time, I even worked so hard I was lured to another division because of my job performance and customer skills. If I don't get it, I don't get it, but damn.... 15% is a lot of money when your my age and would be a "first" for me.

21. SMC

SMC Rookie

Nov 16, 2003
    Small company - had a good year.. No Holiday party this year (too hard to book) so I gave gifts instead. Rolex watch (Explorer II) to sales guy and half-day spa treatment to part-time office gal.