Holiday outing part 2 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Holiday outing part 2

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Bob308GTS, Nov 7, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Any F cars?

If the weather is nice my 308 will come out to play.

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Supposed to be really cold. I might bring both kids along,so,we'll be in Mrs. P.T.Cruiser! :(

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Really cold and dry conditions. Chances are improving.
    :)

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I will be bringing Junior along with Mrs. You guys can meet the Woman who puts up with my Relentless,Sophomoric,non-stop attempts at Humor- All day,Every day! :( (The Lady is a Saint! :) ) AND...she has to actually HEAR my "Imitations". (Once again,:( ) Luckily,FChat is silent. (for you guys,anyway!)

5. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    See everyone soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    If the temp. is below 75 degs., I won't be coming!

Last forecast I checked, said it will be 75+ degs. today.......sooooooo, I guess I'll show up!!

75 degs., yeah in my dreams........see ya'll later! :)

7. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Frank-

Glad you said it, I didn't want to be the one to have to tell ya! :)

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Darolls posting at 1:45 AM???

What is it with you buddy? No social life, insomnia or just a bundle of energy?

I guess I'm getting old. I don't even get to see Kevin O'Brian anymore.
    :(

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Do we have Ferrari parking outside again? Bob, did you talk to your friend?

Can somebody post directions pls, just in case the GPS konks out again.

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Hey, I never sleep......don't need to or want to.

Dreams scare me!

11. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Some would say at best, he's asleep all of the time...... (8->}

12. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
  13. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
  14. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Had a fun time, good seeing everyone again!!

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Likewise! We had a nice time,and now my "Better Half" (and,as Sammy Davis,Jr. would have said..."and I MEAN That,Man!!!") can put faces to the names. :) She remembers SEEING everyone at other events,but not knowing who everyone else was. And,I want to "Break In" Junior into Ferrari at an Early age. And,he already knows that Ferrari guys,(and gals) are some really cool people. The ones that we know,anyway! And,Andreas. Thank you VERY much for the Giallo 360 Challenge car for Frankie. You really didn't have to do that! Very nice of you. And,Frankie and I saw the Autograph on the Bottom. I told him to be really careful and save it. Because ,I told him,that "that guy is gonna be Famous someday!" Thanks again! (he is,right now,VERY CAREFULLY playing with it. He's doing "Ferrari Car Show" with all of our 1:18 cars.) Hope that you liked the F1 Trophy!! Bill, VERY COOL PIX! Man,I'd love to see that car in person some day when it gets nicer out,if possible. Hope everyone made it home O.K. "Thanks for the invite",to Mr. & Mrs. Campen! We found a great new Pizza place JUST when I need to get my Fat self on a Diet! (Oh well....something to look forward to when I lose some!) It was really nice seeing everyone,But,Can't wait until we can Drive again,though!!! :)

16. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #41 Dave Bendl, Dec 14, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #42 Dave Bendl, Dec 14, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Adam. I didn't get a chance to really talk to you. I wanted to ask you about Motorcycles. I rode them since I was a little kid,and my 6 year old son has a Honda XR50. I had a 1975 Kawasaki Z1-B 900,with the 1013cc kit, "back in the day." Back in the day,it was one of the Fastest,if not THE fastest production bikes. But,then was "unseated" by the Ninja. I was just wondering what kind of performance bikes are out there now,and what kind of power they have these days. I had a pretty funny experience with a guy on a sport bike,when I was in my Ferrari,this past Summer. I was in a left turn lane. The guy on the bike was behind me. After I had turned,there were 3 lanes of traffic,but,a car in the inside lane,and the middle lane. So,I gassed it to "beat out" the sport bike to the open,outside lane. He was behind me,again. When the light changed Green,I took off to try to beat him to the next (Red) light,just 1/2 block away. He FLEW by me on my left,ON A WHEELIE,and got in front of me,and hit the front brake so that the back end of the bike lifted up (controlled) about 3 feet. It was pretty funny! We both were grinning,and when I had to turn,we exchanged a friendly wave. As if to say,"it was fun". I love bikes,but,was hit by a Bus on one about 20 years ago,so,Mrs. says,"No More Motorcycles". (but,I can have as many Sportscars that I want!)

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, we made it back home in one piece. But just barely. Took us about three hours to drive home, parts in first gear with the clutch halfway in. It was so damned slippery, the car went sideways numerous times. No joy. Especially not when some halfwit in his 4x4 truck pulls up right to your bumper, flashes the lights and honks while there is an empty lane to your left for him to pass.

Hardest part was sliding (no exaggeration) down the ramp into the parking garage with one hand on the wheel (although useless at that time, wheels in full counter tilt) and one on the door buzzer hoping the door would be in the up and not down mode the moment I come in sideways. Luck was on my side.

I think next year's part ought to be earlier or I'll have to send the calendars by mail. This drive I don't want to ever repeat.

Had a good time though, thanks for setting it up Bob. And to all of you who showed, especially to Frank Sr. for the trophy and Jr. for being so cute.

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,we were really worried about you guys. (and the 308) It sucks that it had to snow...couldn't wait until later,overnight! We made it home O.K.,but,also encountered some "halfwits" in 4x4's who seem to go FASTER when it snows,JUST so that they can show everyone,(like we really give a sh*t) that they have 4 wheel drive. And,these are just the TYPE of people who SHOULD be going Faster in slippery conditions...NOT!!! I can't wait until I can relocate to the DESERT!!! But,it won't be until my 12 year old Daughter graduates from High School....6 years away!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :)

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Cozy party time:

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Less cozy conditions to drive home:

23. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Hi Red! Although I haven't been shopping around, the newer sport bikes are extremely fast - sometimes I cannot believe that anyone can walk into a bike shop w/$10K and buy something that goes (and these are rough specs) about 175mph+ weighs 375# and has 160hp. Like alcohol, it probably shouldn't even be legal! The Yamaha R1 and Suzuki GSXR-1000 fall into these categories. As a friend of mine says - "it's like God grabbing you by the ass and throwing you down the street".

My bike (friends call it 'the cow') is a '97 F3 - about 90hp. It is still pretty quick up to about 140; top end is listed around 157mph. And yes, I've had it there a few times:) Every now and then I think about getting a new bike for track usage, but they're so easy to total and mine is so reliable, I'd rather rather put the money towards an F car!

Honestly though, I've kinda lost my interest in riding a sport bike around on the street - too easy to get killed and it is almost impossible to ride the thing slower than 90-100. I have another bike for street usage, it's very comfortable for 2 people and doesn't go very fast.

24. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The fastest that I ever went on a bike,(and it was on that Kaw.900) was 110MPH. Then,it felt like the wind was going to peel my off the bike,so,I had to slow down. Yes,as much as I LOVE motorcycles,and the feeling of being "in the wind". I am not riding,since I got hit by a Bus in the city in 1982. I was left with a pretty mangled Right leg,with 2-12" long Titanium Rods in the Femur. And some big "Holes",where the bones came through...OUCH!!! and Icky!!! But,at least I got to keep the leg. It was very touch and go for almost a year that they might have had to take it off below the knee,(don't want to scare you) But,I do know 2 other guys that got into Motorcycle accidents who did lose their leg. It sucks,that people just don't pay attention enough,or,CARE to pay attention enough,to Motorcycles. 'Cause they are alot of Fun,and very economical both on gas,and on Space.(Traffic,Parking,etc..) If there were MORE people on Bikes,there'd be less traffic congestion. More parking,and Gas would probably be alot cheaper because less demand. And,less crabby people,because,usually,people on bikes are smiling when they are riding.(that is,when they're not dodging some assh*le not paying attention) When I eventually move out to Arizona. I will get a Big Ass bike for Highway cruising and stuff. Too congested out here.

25. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Andreas. I saw a Jaguar commercial today,showing some people driving in Snow. The guy says " Just stay in his tracks and follow" Then,the Camera pans back,and they show some guys in a big Snowplow following a Jaguar. Maybe that Moron was doing the same with you,yesterday,with the 4x4. "Just follow and stay in his tracks!". (HeeHeeHee!!!) It's times like that,that I wish that I had some "James Bond attachments" to my F-Car. The Top pops open,and I toss a grenade out towards the back. Or,a smoke screen. Some sharpened "Jacks".or Nails. Oil slick. Missiles. I actually did that once. I had some ninny tailgating me,and there was an OPEN LANE next to me that he could gave passed me in. (I was in my Corvette,with the Targa top off) So,I "accidentally" tossed my empty,crushed pop can out the open top,and it hit his Grill. He backed off,and when we got up to the next traffic light. He wouldn't pull up. He stayed back. It was hilarious.( I wouldn't have done anything else. I'm not a "Rage-a-holic")